• patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    This feels like deja vu, but I found my 2nd MicroStream. :yesway:

The weird part is that I lost it in the same fashion as the first time, and I found it in the exact same place as last time, even though I thoroughly checked that area as soon as I lost it. Very strange. :n00b:

So now I'm back up to 2!
    "One is none and 2 is 1." to quote Clint Smith.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I keep losing them.

How are you guys able to keep the same microstream year after year?

I don't have the same problem with slightly larger lights. I snagged an Eveready that uses one AA battery and puts out more light than the Microstream. It doesn't disappear in my pocket as easily, but . . . it doesn't disappear in my pocket as easily.

I also tend to have more AA batteries in supply than AAA.

sittydown

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Another big plus on many Streamlight products...lifetime warranty. I have a 4AA yellow polymer flashlight, with bulb assembly. The bulb went out, so I went to my local retailer and got a new bulb assembly free! Pretty great!

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    How are you guys able to keep the same microstream year after year?

well, I had to get another of these little streamlights... mine has gotten flaky.
    It's been in my pocket, along with keys, change, and knife every day for 11 or 12 years.
    I've lost track of how many times it's been through the wash.

can you tell which is the old one and which is the new???

image1(1).jpeg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    well, I had to get another of these little streamlights... mine has gotten flaky.
    It's been in my pocket, along with keys, change, and knife every day for 11 or 12 years.
    I've lost track of how many times it's been through the wash.

can you tell which is the old one and which is the new???

View attachment 67267

Dude! Why didn't you get the new version with the built-in micro USB charging port and 250 lumens on max?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Dude! Why didn't you get the new version with the built-in micro USB charging port and 250 lumens on max?

Because I didn't know such a thing existed! :)
    You're saying after a decade I should research stuff in case technology changed ? :laugh:

hmm. Looks like it's 2x the cost and recharging kinda sounds like a PITA.... I think I'm happy with the original version....

can I throw a regular AAA in the rechargeable version so I don't have to wait several hours to use it if it dies?

-rvb

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Because I didn't know such a thing existed! :)
    You're saying after a decade I should research stuff in case technology changed ? :laugh:

hmm. Looks like it's 2x the cost and recharging kinda sounds like a PITA.... I think I'm happy with the original version....

can I throw a regular AAA in the rechargeable version so I don't have to wait several hours to use it if it dies?

-rvb

I donut know!

I've never let my USB rechargeable lights go that low!

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Was just looking at these the other day. Sounds like you guys are happy with them. I'll have to pick one up!

I don't leave home with out it.

The brighter one might be nice, but the "old fashioned" one has plenty of light for those day to day things and is a very handy size. And it's so cheap, should it get lost or broken you can say "oh well" and grab a spare. I must have 4 or 5 of these.... in my truck, the wife's car, work bench, etc...

$18 shipped from amazon if you have Prime.

-rvb

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    the flashlight oracle disappoints me. :(

Haha! I don't have the rechargeable Microstream (yet).

I chose the Klarus Mi7 instead. It will do 330 lumens with a single AA battery. If you use a 14500, it's 700 lumens in a package that is almost exactly same length as the original Microstream and just a little bigger in diameter.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

I chose the Klarus Mi7 instead. It will do 330 lumens with a single AA battery. If you use a 14500, it's 700 lumens in a package that is almost exactly same length as the original Microstream and just a little bigger in diameter.

It’s about time you bought a flashlight! Now, get yourself a knife!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It’s about time you bought a flashlight! Now, get yourself a knife!

ENABLER!

victim-enabler-cycle.png

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)

That looks like a nice light. I. Might pick one up. And the dual output micrstream might be nice for camping. But for little non-tactical, non-searching, day-2-day tasks, I like the light output of the micro stream.... if I want hundreds of lumens, I can grab the surefire.....

-rvb

IsThatLegal?

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2017
    Whitestown
    That looks like a nice light. I. Might pick one up. And the dual output micrstream might be nice for camping. But for little non-tactical, non-searching, day-2-day tasks, I like the light output of the micro stream.... if I want hundreds of lumens, I can grab the surefire.....

-rvb

I like the dual output surefire lights (except when my kids play games with them and run the batteries down without telling me).

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

-rvb

One of the reasons I didn't get the new USB rechargeable Microstream is because before they were available, I snagged a Nitecore TIP. It's a keychain light that is USB rechargeable as well and has four brightness modes up to 360 lumen. A keychain light. 360 lumen.

That used to hang from my neck knife cord, but is now on my keychain since I have the Mi7 hanging from the neck knife cord.

Top Bottom