• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    I'm probably one of the few people in their mid 20s carrying a revolver and a smart phone EDC, but since my job often entails chainsaws or mud, I went with the reliable ol' .38 snubby SW 638 for my EDC.

The cylinder pressure spot kinda threw me off at first, but after a year of carry I sometimes have to stop myself from checking it's still there!

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I'm probably one of the few people in their mid 20s carrying a revolver and a smart phone EDC, but since my job often entails chainsaws or mud, I went with the reliable ol' .38 snubby SW 638 for my EDC.

The cylinder pressure spot kinda threw me off at first, but after a year of carry I sometimes have to stop myself from checking it's still there!

my S&W airweight in the kydex is the same way - can't tell I have it on.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    How difficult is it to draw that shoulder rig?

Neither design is difficult.

The Tombstone rig is skeletonized with the cylinder gripped by a clip and the muzzle resting in a cup. Drawing is a piece of cake.

The 1879 is a simple pouch type construction. You just need to experiment with how you adjust it. I have two of them. One carries a pair of 1st and 2nd Model S&W Hand Ejectors with 6 inch barrels. I wear it so that the grips of the revolvers are lower than the one for my 3.5 inch barreled Cimarron Thunderers.

The draw is up and out and quite easy to master.

100_4391.jpg

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    The winter time is one time I think about getting a wheel gun. That inside the coat pocket shooting seems like it might be a handy option.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    central IN
    I frequently carry a Ruger New Vaquero Montado around for self-defense (and everything else). Holsters used are Mernickle PS6SA, Simply Rugged Sourdough, or El Paso Saddlery 1920 Tom Threeperson's. The first two conceal a bit better than the Threeperson.

IMO, a revolver will work just fine.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I frequently carry a Ruger New Vaquero Montado around for self-defense (and everything else). Holsters used are Mernickle PS6SA, Simply Rugged Sourdough, or El Paso Saddlery 1920 Tom Threeperson's. The first two conceal a bit better than the Threeperson.

IMO, a revolver will work just fine.

I have a pair of those Mernickles as well.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I carry a revolver off duty quite frequently. Started out on them, learned the right way that they can be shot well and round count t doesn't matter. I do and am mandated to carry a semi auto on duty. Semi autos are very reliable today compared to 30 years ago. Anyone working within LE During the transition will tell you the same thing. Glock, SIG and 3rd Gen S&W changed that.

The thing I find funny is several of the folks that talk about the revolver is outdated and antiquated etc love the 1911. Well the 1911 only carry 2 (provides you went plus 1) more rounds than an original 6 shot wheel gun (there are 8 Rd full size revolvers now) and the 1911 is only 11 years younger than the S&W DA revolver that pretty much started it all.

Also as far as round count and the modern dou me stacks. People get too wrapped around the axel. Unless it's an end of the times walking dead scenerios you will probably be OK with a Revolver A lot of people are marketed into thinking they have to have autos. Look at how a lot of the ammo and firearm commercials have a Boogie man's gonna get you if you don't buy X,Y or Z.

Are autos good, yes they have several attributes but if one pics a revolver that doesn't make the semi auto guy the smartest one in the room. Just whatever yiur choice is lean the pros and cons and how to use it.

Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    I have a pair of Glock 43's, both wearing trijicon HD sights that I carry. I also have a 2.25 Ruger SP101 and 3" GP100 that I carry a lot. The revolvers just feel "right" to me. I am completely comfortable and confident with them.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I carry a S&W N frame regularly...sometimes being held up by my dual shoulder holster rig sporting twin Ballester-Molina's.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I carried a slew of mouse and pocket guns before I found the j-frame. What a wonderful combination of concealment and handling. Remember it's always a compromise so no, I cannot shoot it at 25yds like a can with my 1911 nor can I reload as quickly. However, I'll carry it everyday in any dress. I took a class with it wherein every other student brought a full size gun. I performed better than I had anticipated, especially given my competitive nature. I felt confident that I had proven the j-frame as a fine CCW gun and determined to stop looking for another platform. I cannot deny that the lack of bullets caused concern but in the spiral inward to the revolver (the j-frame was my first) I ran across a 327PC. I was fortunate to have a considerate brother and now am a proud owner. I shot several hundred rounds oUT of it the first 24 hours and loved it. I've changed the grips to be as small as possible (hogue, not quite j-frame small but very close), I bobbed the hammer very early (and am loving that as well). I have several holsters for it now and certainly that is a difficult piece of ownership for this particular firearm as selection is very limited. I've got a little sliver of kydex tied to a string and I almost always carry it AIWB that way. The 8 rounds adds confidence in quantity of baby perforators. I practice regularly and feel perfectly confident to defend my family or yours.

I carry a snub nose and stoke it with full house 357 magnum rounds. For that debate I'd refer you to BBI's stats compilation. 3 rounds, 3 yards, 3 seconds. I can beat that all day and in any way.

TangoSierraEcho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2016
    Monroe County
    SW163050.jpg My EDC, S&W 637 Airweight. comfortable shooting it. Not all that great for defeating ISIS but I figure if that happens I can use it to make it to a long gun. Although in fairness I have been carrying my Glock 19 Gen 4 more often lately as I have been training with it more.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    There is not too many situations you will run into on the streets or woods in Indiana that a revolver won't handle. I carry a 9mm because I shoot it well and it conceals easy, but I would not hesitate to carry one of my magnums and a couple speed loaders if I shot them as well as my Glock 17 or 26.

Top Bottom