• ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It's official.

RFK Jr. drops Democratic presidential bid, re-enters 2024 race as independent.​

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Interesting.

I am curious how many Trump voters he pulls over.
    Probably few. I suspect he MAY pull more from the traditional Democrat base of over 50 voters. The young leftists and the communists will of course support the Communist Party candidate, but he will give those traditional Democrats and those who cannot stomach Trump or Republicans in general an option when they also cannot tolerate the communists. The name recognition will of course help.

I view Robert Kennedy Jr.s candidacy in the same vein as Ross Perot with the party effect reversed. Perot struck a nerve with Constitutionalists and budgetary conservatives which pulled hard from the Republican Party base. That and George H. W. Bush's errors allowed a nobody from Arkansas to achieve the presidency, which catapulted the "new left" on an eight year reign of growth and control.

With the left / right divide so close in this country his candidacy could well give the right an edge. The deciding element may well turn out to be integrity of the election and to not permit the same degree of ballot harvesting and trafficking which appears to have happened last time.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I think he dents Trump. But I kinda thought that even if he stayed in the D lane. The biggest variable might be who exactly the D's nominate. It won't be Bidiot so it's tough to say how much impact Jr. will have on the D nominee.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I think he dents Trump. But I kinda thought that even if he stayed in the D lane. The biggest variable might be who exactly the D's nominate. It won't be Bidiot so it's tough to say how much impact Jr. will have on the D nominee.

Thats kinda my thinking as well. I have a small circle of friends and I know of a couple past Trump voters considering RFK. What does that mean? Nothing. But something just tells me he will pull a few more from Trump than some think he will. Just my opinion.

BigNyaKelly

Coffee Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2023
    Worcester
    I'm not *really* sure who RFK is for. Leftists prefer Biden who has been demonstrably pro union and pro left in general, and right wingers would prefer a guy like Trump. RFK doesn't scratch the same itch as someone like a proper Libertarian or a proper Green.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm not *really* sure who RFK is for. Leftists prefer Biden who has been demonstrably pro union and pro left in general, and right wingers would prefer a guy like Trump. RFK doesn't scratch the same itch as someone like a proper Libertarian or a proper Green.
    Anti-vaxxers.

That's pretty much his whole claim to fame.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Fun watching the typical online cult defend Trump’s insane comments last weekend on the smart folks at Hezbollah and bashing Israel and then move with him this week as he backtracked.

Sadly- this is a chunk of the party.

Top Bottom