• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Up here French fries are practically non existent and gold or red potatoes (my preference) are up to $6 for 5lbs
    yeah, I've nicknamed it the great frozen french fry famine of 2021-?

I'd go weeks without seeing ANY regular french fries in the freezer case. Only niche brands like Rally's curly fries and other oddballs. It got to the point we'd buy a bag whenever we managed to see them just so we would have them eventually when we wanted them.
    Its not been as bad in 2022, but there are still occasional empty or near empty cases, but the next time there are usually some. But the case is never full.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    yeah, I've nicknamed it the great frozen french fry famine of 2021-?

I'd go weeks without seeing ANY regular french fries in the freezer case. Only niche brands like Rally's curly fries and other oddballs. It got to the point we'd buy a bag whenever we managed to see them just so we would have them eventually when we wanted them.
    Its not been as bad in 2022, but there are still occasional empty or near empty cases, but the next time there are usually some. But the case is never full.
    Yeah. Had to buy a bag of arbys curly fries last time. Steak fries are usually there but I'm the only one that likes them. Past week they were all gone too. There was 2 bags of the Arbys, few bags of the Orieda crispy (hate those), but lots of hashbrowns this time.

Meijer has has a 4 bag limit for quite some time. They haven't had 4 bags of our preference in stock for probably a year to hit the limit if I wanted to

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Don't EVEN get me started on Meijer's. :xmad:
    Some are totally inept. For the longest time I couldnt get chicken trays to save my life at the Camby one. If they had any chicken, it was like 5 overpriced organic roasters, maybe some drumsticks, or a few bone in chicken breasts. Except maybe if I went at like 8am. But I could go over to Plainfield any time of day and the meat case was overflowing.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    Some are totally inept. For the longest time I couldnt get chicken trays to save my life at the Camby one. If they had any chicken, it was like 5 overpriced organic roasters, maybe some drumsticks, or a few bone in chicken breasts. Except maybe if I went at like 8am. But I could go over to Plainfield any time of day and the meat case was overflowing.
    OMG, again, don't get me started on the Avon Meijer's.

Top Bottom