• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yep, verbal dyslexia and stuttering are a sure sign of stupidity.

Let's see. I have extreme problems remembering names, mix up words quite often, and will often say the opposite word in place of what I really mean.

The last IQ test I took had me in the 130+ range. I must be stupid.

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    I love when people come wandering into gun forums and start talking about how Obama (or in many cases the Democratic Party) is our friend within the first 5 posts they have on the site.

Obvious Trolls are Obvious. But just to demonstrate how big a friend to gun owners the Democratic Party is, let me tell everyone what they brought us over the last 76 years:

1. The National Firearms Act of 1934
    a. Congress had a Democratic majority.

2. Gun Control Act of 1968

3. The Hughes Amendment to the Firearm Owners Protection Act.
    Despite being defeated soundly in a recorded vote, Charlie Rangel declared that it passed and added it to the FOPA. Reagan signed it to get us the rest of the FOPA. However, it wouldn’t have been there to be signed at all if not for the Democrats trying to defeat the FOPA.

4. The Brady Handgun Law

5. The Assault Weapons Ban of 1994

6. The Lautenberg Amendment
    a. Made the 2nd Amendment a revocable privilege, instead of a fundamental right. Thanks, Charles Lautenberg

7. Defeated the Thune Amendment, denying us the right to carry
    a. The amendment would have allowed those of us with licenses or permits to carry, to carry in all states that issue licenses or permits to carry.

8. The term “gun show loophole” and a never-ending quest to “close it” essentially outlawing sales between private individuals

9. A never-ending supply of registration schemes

10. The idea that the 2nd Amendment is some sort of “collective” right, while others that mention the “people” are individual

11. Constant lawsuits against gun companies in a shameless effort to drive them out of business

12. Magazine capacity limits in some states
    a. in Ohio, for example, a 30 round magazine is classified as a machine gun.

13. Unapproved firearms lists in some states
    a. like California

14. Unapproved ammunition lists
    a. in New Jersey it is a crime to carry hollow-points.

15. Various assault weapon bans around the country
    a. try taking an AK-47 with a detachable 75-rd. drum to Chicago, or California.

16. Many places with rampant crime where we can’t carry at all, but are instead required to be easy prey
    a. Chicago, New York City, Washington DC…

Don’t tell me the Democrats aren’t after our firearms. They have a long, distinguished history of coming after them. The fact that they aren’t doing so right now has no bearing on the future. Rest assured they will come again, as soon as it is politically expedient for them.

:yesway: Rep given.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Have you looked at the instrument panel of a TBF? Or read the manual?

Have you ever looked at a 5 or 6 axis CNC machine? It's much the same. Buttons and switches everywhere, a screen that has at least 150 different presentations, along with several manuals to accompany it, every one of them at least 2" thick.

If you "crash it", it's much like crashing an aircraft. Replacing the spindle bearings alone on a 5 axis horizontal Makino runs in the neighborhood of $25,000.00, and can take 2 days or longer. It can happen with one wrong character in the program, or a single push of the wrong button.

These machines are run by people of average intelligence. They take a while to master, and longer to be able to program, but it's not brain surgery. Flying a complex aircraft is much the same. It just takes longer to master all of the systems. You pull on a yoke to raise the nose of a C-17 Globemaster the same as a Cessna 182. Guys that fly these things are not Gods. Bill T.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    How so? How can one be "intelligent" and lack common sense? That is akin to saying one can run, but not fast.

Same deal. If you're intelligent, but lack common sense, what are you good for, and to whom are you good for it to?
    My Neurologist is the smartest man that I know. Medical degrees and qualifications that fill the top half of an 8X11 sheet of paper. He is the Chairman of the Neurology department at the University/hospital where he practices. I shake my head in disbelief at how book smart he is. He, self-admittedly, doesn't trust himself to drive himself to work. It is not beyond his capabilities to drive a car, he just doesn't have the street smarts to do it because he "lives in his head", if you know what I mean. He is so wrapped up in his work, it is all he thinks about.

Book smart - no street smarts.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Have you ever looked at a 5 or 6 axis CNC machine? It's much the same. Buttons and switches everywhere, a screen that has at least 150 different presentations, along with several manuals to accompany it, every one of them at least 2" thick.

If you "crash it", it's much like crashing an aircraft. Replacing the spindle bearings alone on a 5 axis horizontal Makino runs in the neighborhood of $25,000.00, and can take 2 days or longer. It can happen with one wrong character in the program, or a single push of the wrong button.

These machines are run by people of average intelligence. They take a while to master, and longer to be able to program, but it's not brain surgery. Flying a complex aircraft is much the same. It just takes longer to master all of the systems. You pull on a yoke to raise the nose of a C-17 Globemaster the same as a Cessna 182. Guys that fly these things are not Gods. Bill T.

I've ran a 3 axis CNC machine. Quite a few buttons and switches, but I wouldn't say it takes a rocket surgeon to run it.

It was actually pretty dang easy, I made up a cheat sheet for the supervisor ;) Took 3 3x5 cards to do it. The instructions were very simple and didn't go into depth, but would allow just about a monkey that could read to run it with no other instruction. Push button A then x, push button B than y etc. I sure as heck wouldn't want to fly any aircraft except maybe a hot air balloon with that kind of instructions.

No my cheat cards didn't let someone master the machine, but they could run it. It took time and experience to learn all the ins and outs of it.

The manuals and programming were a different story though.

Top Bottom