• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    That is the faultiest bit of logic I have ever heard. Polls may reflect likability, respect, perceived value, perceived competence, favor, etc. They don't rate intelligence. For that we have the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Test. :ugh:

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    That is the faultiest bit of logic I have ever heard.

You may think it's "faulty", but it dead nuts correct. If not prove otherwise, don't **** and whine. Do you think Carter was a turd in the polls because he was brilliant? Have you listened to any of the nonsense spewing from his pie hole lately? Bill T.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    You may think it's "faulty", but it dead nuts correct. If not prove otherwise, don't **** and whine. Do you think Carter was a turd in the polls because he was brilliant? Have you listened to any of the nonsense spewing from his pie hole lately? Bill T.
    Bush had a degree from an Ivy League school and abysmal ratings. Dumb as a bag of rocks, just like his daddy. Both sides are populated by idiots, some have good days and some have normal bad days. You're failing to make any point here at all, just waving your partisan flag. If we apply the Bush doctrine to your thesis then you're left with nothing.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Bush had a degree from an Ivy League school and abysmal ratings.

You could apply, and say, the exact same thing about Hussein. He headed up the Law Review at Harvard. He is still stupid, just like Bush. Worse, just look at how long it takes him to put a sentence together without a Teleprompter. A degree from a big name school means zero as far as possessing any real intelligence. Both Hussein and Bush proved that, along with most every football player in the NFL, and basketball player in the NBA. Stop proving my point, you're not fun to argue with if you keep doing that! Bill T.

Last edited:

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    For those of you who think the Bush's are stupid, are you aware that both flew warplanes during their service? How many of you think you could land a Grumman Avenger on an aircraft carrier, or fly a fighter jet? I really get sick of this Bush is stupid crap.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    For those of you who think the Bush's are stupid, are you aware that both flew warplanes during their service? How many of you think you could land a Grumman Avenger on an aircraft carrier, or fly a fighter jet? I really get sick of this Bush is stupid crap.

Flying an aircraft doesn't make you a brilliant person. It simply means you have good hand eye motor skills, similar to a race car driver. Is Danica Patrick brilliant? Bill T.

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    Bush had a degree from an Ivy League school and abysmal ratings. Dumb as a bag of rocks, just like his daddy. Both sides are populated by idiots, some have good days and some have normal bad days. You're failing to make any point here at all, just waving your partisan flag. If we apply the Bush doctrine to your thesis then you're left with nothing.
    No, this guy gets it. If anything, you're proving him right Bill.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    No, this guy gets it. If anything, you're proving him right Bill.

Stop posting your opinion, along with nothing else, and give me some facts. Show me one 2 term President who excelled in the polls, and was a stupid idiot. Back it up with fact. Don't just tell me you think he was an idiot. For example, Hussein proves it every time he tries to speak without a teleprompter. He simply can't do it. He'd fail any public speaking course taught at most any public high school in this country. Bill T.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    What I'm not agreeing with here is this automatic assumption that expensive education + dim witted student to begin with = Intelligent person. This happens a lot with Presidents and Presidential candidates, mostly because they come from affluent families. Also, many are born into privilege because of it.

Hussein was the consummate black, much like O.J. before he went bad. Well educated. All of America loved him, and was totally wrapped up with him and his "white boy" style. They watched him jump over chairs at airports. They saw him give his totally wonderfully commentary on Monday Night Football. They worshiped him in "The Towering Inferno". They laughed at him in the "Police Squad" movies.

Then he picked up a knife and became a street "Ni*#er". The NFL couldn't rescue him like they did Michael Vick, (another piece of crap), simply because he was well past his prime. He became every one's bad boy. The man all of America loved, became the guy everyone loved to hate. He spent money, rallied the blacks in the jury box to his defense, and got away with the double murder of a lifetime. What charisma! But in the end the charisma ran out, and he's right where he belongs, in the slammer just like so many of his "bros".

Now, fast forward to Hussein........ To quote Joy Behar on "The View" during the campaign, "He's brilliant!" He charmed the pants off every politically correct, stupid white person on the planet. Every white, liberal news agency, (which was everyone except Fox), and damn near every single black. Also, every enemy this country has, and has ever had, loved him. He couldn't debate, and or speak without a Teleprompter. It didn't matter, he was black, "educated", and "brilliant". He beat John McCain. Remember the inauguration? I do. I remember the now infamous sound bite where the two women exclaimed, "I won't have to worry about paying my mortgage, or putting gas in my car! Idiot's all, falling for a supposed "brilliant" man. Just like you "Mr. Jarrell".

Hussein turned out to be yet another stupid, turd of a President, much like Carter who couldn't get out of his own way. He is a total idiot. He performs like a fool at his press conferences. Talks a lot and says nothing. He rambles on producing question after question, and lacking any answers. Which is an old tactic when you simply cannot perform in the role you were elected to produce in. So the big move of electing Americas first black president turned out to be a big bust. A bit like trying to blow a fart, and a turd lands in your pants instead.

Now..........My point in all of this is..................... HE WAS WELL EDUCATED, BUT HE IS AN IDIOT, AND 1,000 MILES AWAY FROM BEING "BRILLIANT". Education of an idiot produces nothing more than an idiot with an education. A bit like putting a monkey in a suit. You still have a monkey. Now go ahead and make me a "racist" out of that comment. I love reading the drift. That's not "partisan", that my friend is fact. Sooner or later this nation will wake up to it. I only hope when people like you do, it isn't too late. Bill T.

Last edited:

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    You are confusing intelligence with common sense and judgment. They are quite different. One is a natural gift; the others have to do with how or whether that gift is applied.

Take me for instance. I am very intelligent, but I don't have the common sense and/or judgment to quit responding to this ridiculous thread. :horse:

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008

Applying Billt's logic, results of a totally fabricated poll I just made up indicate that American men give Danica a higher approval rating than that enjoyed by Ronald Regan. Therefore, she must be intelligent.

Forgive me, I just can't stop myself. :horse:

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    You are confusing intelligence with common sense and judgment.

How so? How can one be "intelligent" and lack common sense? That is akin to saying one can run, but not fast.

They are quite different. One is a natural gift; the others have to do with how or whether that gift is applied.

Same deal. If you're intelligent, but lack common sense, what are you good for, and to whom are you good for it to?

Take me for instance. I am very intelligent.

While in some abstract way they may be true, I'm having a difficult time collecting the patience for you to prove it. You have yet to do so. Bill T.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Applying Billt's logic, results of a totally fabricated poll I just made up indicate that American men give Danica a higher approval rating than that enjoyed by Ronald Regan. Therefore, she must be intelligent. Forgive me, I just can't stop myself.

"JUST MADE UP" being the key words in that quote. No, it simply means most American men would rather screw Danica Patrick than butt feed Ronald Regan's dirt chute. As would I. How do you associate this with any degree of intelligence with either?? You really need to stop trying to apply my logic, and try to apply some of your own. Assuming there in fact is any. Bill T.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Flying an aircraft doesn't make you a brilliant person. It simply means you have good hand eye motor skills, similar to a race car driver. Is Danica Patrick brilliant? Bill T.

Have you looked at the instrument panel of a TBF? Or read the manual? It's a mighty complicated piece of machinery - even moreso the Thuds W was flying. Mastering a complex combat aircraft does take some brainpower. My brother flies in the Air Force, and both he and all his squadron mates are a pretty brainy bunch - most of them have advanced engineering degrees (ie, masters' or doctorate).

Operating an advanced aircraft is not like playing a video game.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hmmm.... I'm still looking for the proof (not anecdotal evidence) that Bush or Obammmers is "stupid". Maybe my Google-Foo score isn't high enough to find it.

Unless, of course, we're using the Forrest Gump method of "Stupid is as stupid does..."

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    "JUST MADE UP" being the key words in that quote. No, it simply means most American men would rather screw Danica Patrick than butt feed Ronald Regan's dirt chute. As would I. How do you associate this with any degree of intelligence with either?? You really need to stop trying to apply my logic, and try to apply some of your own. Assuming there in fact is any. Bill T.

Well, don't ask me. It's your logic that polls equate with intelligence. Certainly, you don't expect me to use your logic to challenge your logic? Circular argument. :wallbash:

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    are you trying to suggest that Americans who vote in those polls are stupid?or are you suggesting that they cannot recognize ignorance when they see it? the polls are showing most people believe he is ignorant and/or doesnt care. do you think its by accident that most people see him as a fool and that he acts like a moron?Americans are smart enough to figure out what dumb is. stop pissing in the wind will you?

Last edited:

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Hmmm.... I'm still looking for the proof (not anecdotal evidence) that Bush or Obammmers is "stupid". Maybe my Google-Foo score isn't high enough to find it.

Unless, of course, we're using the Forrest Gump method of "Stupid is as stupid does..."
    can you figure it out? epluribus unum

YouTube - Obama lost without a teleprompter

suppose to be a joke but:
    YouTube - Barack Obama "Uh" Count

its no secret really. why do you think the media turned 180 on him exposing his ignorance?hes the only president i can ever remember getting blasted by the media.

reminds me of the guy who says "dude" after every word doesnt it?

Top Bottom