• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I've been along on a couple. First was a Friday overnight and the second was a Saturday overnight. Both with a good friend at MCSD. It's an eye opener for sure. Nothing big went down but I got to learn where all the DB lived on the south side of the county. He even encouraged me to bring my DAMN size Jack Boots and a nice baton. Unfortunately, I never got to use them!

If anyone gets the opportunity to do one you will get a better appreciation for what these guys do.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    MCSD? Did you serve evictions or was it the warrant team?

regarding franks ride along, i could only get the sound to come in….what was going on when stephen said "my stomach and my ass hurts"? I'm not sure i want to ride with frank now….or maybe i really do.

Noway Jose

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'd be interested in a ride along. I submitted an application to IMPD for that citizen's class. My stepmom took a similar course in Dallas and said it was very informative. You know what they say, "The more you know...". Since I never heard back it's time to try other avenues. I'll do a ride along anytime except in downtown Indy in the middle of July. :nono:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    If not allowed, would that stop you from going on the ride-a-long?

For me, it wouldn't be a deal breaker if I could play with the siren.
    :):
    I've been on them before, prior to the merger with some LEO friends. Although it was probably against their official ride along policies.

Just curious considering the often debated line between LEOs and the rest of the community.

Considering officers are only human, I would certainly prefer to be able to protect myself should I have to. I can't say that it would be a major "deal breaker" however. If it was with an officer I didn't know personally, I can certainly see where someone would prefer to be able to. However, in that case I can also see where the officer would prefer them to not be armed.

I was just curious if there is an official stance on it, or if it's each officer's discretion.

Top Bottom