• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah I understand why you want them when LEO show up. I don't want someone else's castle trespassed either. I'd rather not have to kill someone either but if you're in my house uninvited and I don't know you then all bets are off and someone is getting shot.

And truth be stated.....I do not want to ruin my castle by shooting someone inside of it. That taint might never go away.
    I am and always have been a hands on guy. If I get close and you are not openly armed then decisions will be made as to snatch you up and "Detain" or use lethal force.
    My son "Detained" an intruder some time ago with a Louisville slugger. He was armed but opted for a more personal approach. It was most effective. And very painful.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I get what you're saying there but it wouldn't hurt my feelings any if they ran off once they knew I'm up and about in the house. No shots fired would be great. If I know I'm gonna be the only one with a gun then yeah but I'd rather not exchange fire with someone else if I don't have to.

A proper ambush should not be an exchange. . . But. . . .

Rarely does a battle plan survive first contact with the enemy. :dunno:

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    How about some sort of headphone technology that could pair with your in-house music system (wiretap) and cancel out the music while allowing the sounds the intruder makes to come through?

This might allow you to hear them while all they can hear is the music.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    No music- use police sirens, red & blue lights, and an authoritative voice saying "this is the police, you are under arrest, you are surrounded, drop your weapon and come out with your hands up". This should totally scare the crap out of them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    This kinda reminds of the drew carey episode where mimi plays Panama by Van Halen on repeat to get Drew out of the house.

just get some fancy auto locks so when the alarms tripped hes stuck in your living room listening to Panama till the police arrive.

or alternatively, just use a normal alarm system that contacts the police during a break in, secure your family and cover your bedroom door.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDkWRP67Es0

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Home automation, and virtual assistants are becoming very popular (Alexa, Google assistant).

I have 5 Google home minis throughout my house.

One great feature is I can say "ok Google play music on all"
    And it will play music quite loud on all the devices in the house.

So the ridiculous part...

So i hear a bump in the night, I tell the devices to play music , something loud and noisy now my steps can't be heard so they have no ideas where I'm coming from.

Also there is a broadcast feature that allows me to throw my voice to every device in the house. Warning them to GTFO before the shooting starts.

How dumb is my thought? Also happy friday

I would think that once music starts blaring, and you start speaking that most burglars would leave. If they aren't leaving.... well, let's just say, don't skim off the top. The boss is always gonna find out.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    When I click on a thread with a title of ridiculous home defense thought, this is what I am imagining:

m167_5.jpg

Turn the home invaders into a fine red mist while also remodeling your entire neighborhood. Then afterwards, light a victory cigar using the glowing hot 20mm barrels.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Play "This is the End" like in Apocalypse Now. Rack up your own S/G, pull back the bolt on your AR, but keep those handguns good to go. Have a few Punisher logos painted in glow in the dark paint, on your walls. Release your 2 pit bulls via remote control gate opener. It will be the end my Friend! Lol

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    You could go for the classy approach and play "O Fortuna". As a bonus, if he's cultured at all, he'll realize you're telling him his luck just ran out. Any criminal worth his salt should speak Latin as a second language. How else do you pass the Bar?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    When I click on a thread with a title of ridiculous home defense thought, this is what I am imagining:

m167_5.jpg

Turn the home invaders into a fine red mist while also remodeling your entire neighborhood. Then afterwards, light a victory cigar using the glowing hot 20mm barrels.

WHOA!! Radar-guided M-61 with its own generator! I'm thinking this is an old pic, that's a CO2 extinguisher in the background.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    WHOA!! Radar-guided M-61 with its own generator! I'm thinking this is an old pic, that's a CO2 extinguisher in the background.

Yes, it's an old picture. They are retired now. I use to work on that exact model after my Infantry days were over. Built around the M61 aircraft canon. The towed model was M167 and the self propelled was M168.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yes, it's an old picture. They are retired now. I use to work on that exact model after my Infantry days were over. Built around the M61 aircraft canon. The towed model was M167 and the self propelled was M168.

Basically the same gun that was in the F-104, the F-4E, B-52H (before 1995), F-15A/B/C/D/E, F-16 A/B/C/D, AC-130H, F-22A, and F-35. I remember the ROKAF having the Radar guided AA versions at K-2 AB and seeing them at Kimpo IAP. At the bar at K-2 AB in Taegu the foot rails at the bar were 20MM barrels.

Top Bottom