• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    OK ROADIE, CALEB, do you know what happens if the union I work for decides to strike .... guess what you don't have any food in the grocery stores in three days. Other that want is grow local. Do you have what is nessasary to sustain your family. At the turn of the century there wer on average of 110,000 railroad deaths @ year that were killed in work related accidents , YES 1 HUNDRED AND 10 THOUSAND PLUS. Now please argue that.:twocents:

If you strike, I still get paid

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yeeh, it cler thet wuns tha write ta werc lew passsis, billons af mployes wil dye aver yer doo too missafe cundershuns.
    Ef your hed bin eddicated bye a yoonyun teescher lak mee: u'd no it.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    But they built a fake Rock Ridge and Hedly Lamar's band of outlaws thought it was the real Rock Ridge and tried to work up a #6 on them.
    The towns people and the railroad workers, even the Irish, all banded together and beat Lamar's gang. Then Sheriff Bart and the Waco Kid rode off into the sunset. ;)

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT
    But they built a fake Rock Ridge and Hedly Lamar's band of outlaws thought it was the real Rock Ridge and tried to work up a #6 on them.
    The towns people and the railroad workers, even the Irish, all banded together and beat Lamar's gang. Then Sheriff Bart and the Waco Kid rode off into the sunset. ;)

wow

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Two part one for ya Rooster

I have a question for you, if Union's are the bee's knee's and are so good for employees......

Then why is only 10.9% of American workers enlisted in a union to help them?

On top of that, why is majority of those union workers public employee's, (ie Teachers and government employees)?

Unions in the early 1900's was a beneficial advantage for a lot of employees because of the horrible working conditions, and that was the main reason that unions thrived (not because of pay) but with the advent of Federal and State OSHA's the dangerous working conditions that existed then are no longer around.

NO you through down the gaunlet , now prove it.

You can't, can you, Please don't make emontional statement like that and except everyone to believe them.
    PROVE IT (4 - 5 TIMES )
    AND I WILL CONCUR AND CONSEDE!!!!!!

Now on the above, throw down, not through, so with that basic grammar lesson done for the day.

I'll bite.....

4 times at least, all below :D and quoted so you can revert back to them. You have a nice night.

Very well said ma'am.

:dunno:

88GT = a "she"
    uh... 88GT is a lady
    SHE 88GT is a SHE, if you can't even understand that, how can you expect to debate this issue? :dunno:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    turn of the century? like 1900? before OSHA?

:dunno:

No FRA and the six major unions that backup railroad labor

My point was that all of this was before OSHA was established. I think at the turn of the century Unions were needed. But now with OSHA around, I don't think they are necessary anymore.

Just my opinion.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I'll bite.....

4 times at least, all below :D and quoted so you can revert back to them. You have a nice night.

Oh come on, he was suppose to go back and look those up... ;) ...oh well, at least we all know you pay attention indybeerman...unlike that other guy. :rolleyes:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Oh come on, he was suppose to go back and look those up... ;) ...oh well, at least we all know you pay attention indybeerman...unlike that other guy. :rolleyes:

Yup, informed also, I understand what the RTW bill is all about, I think people need to actually go read the bill's language instead of listening to what the unions spew and churn out.

Just my take on it, after all I'm just a poor non union worker, that makes a very good living, but heck what do I know.:cool:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    honestly iam a little dissapointed in the responses. this could have been a good debate and a chance to educate or at least understand others views. here is the simple truth as i see it.

the company has the right to hire union or non-union contractors.
    the reason they hire union contractors is because the union contractors are trained and can provide superior workmanship. union shops can provide more man power, a superior product, in a better time frame, whith less injuries, and they can assure the company this.

right to work WILL destroy unions, lower wages, and make the already troubling unemployment numbers even higher.

How is right to work going to do this? What is the basis of your claim?

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Originally Posted by mojo2530
    honestly iam a little dissapointed in the responses. this could have been a good debate and a chance to educate or at least understand others views. here is the simple truth as i see it.

the company has the right to hire union or non-union contractors.
    the reason they hire union contractors is because the union contractors are trained and can provide superior workmanship. union shops can provide more man power, a superior product, in a better time frame, whith less injuries, and they can assure the company this.

right to work WILL destroy unions, lower wages, and make the already troubling unemployment numbers even higher.

How is right to work going to do this? What is the basis of your claim?

Pat Bauer said so?:dunno:
    He wouldn't lie, would he?:dunno:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I posted this last year as well. This is what the UAW was handing out around here. It makes me lol...

EDIT: This isn't what the one I thought I had. I'm sure there's an RTW flyer around here somewhere talking about how the Republicans want workers to live on the street.

Top Bottom