• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I'm scared to even take my 22 can apart. It was a Form 1 self made can & I pressed in the baffles myself. I'm sure I'll need to press them out. I hope it doesn't bugger them up much.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I let mine sit in Ziploc sealed with pro shot clp for a couple hours this time and it basically just wiped clean. I just won't let myself put over 500 rounds between cleanings again. I'd think clp would work fine on aluminum baffles without being harsh, just takes longer for it to soak through the grime.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Meh. The baffles are a bit thicker than foil. As long as the chemical is safe for aluminum you’ll be fine. I use diluted Krud Kutter in my HF ultrasonic about every 300-400 rounds. More often if shooting lead.

At what ratio to do you dilute? How long do you run them? Confirming aluminum baffles? That’s pretty good for non abrasive and no dip.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Makes me wonder about my can, it’s a gemtech outback (1st gen) sealed can, it’s sitting in jail right now, gemtech says soak it in wd40 or a mix of paint thinner and transmission fluid,then blow it out.

I could send it back for the “update” to make it a monocore (once it gets paroled) to make it easier to clean, but is that really necessary?

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I have a Gemtech GM-22 and can tell you it’s not very good on anything under 10”. And first round pop is very noticeable. The mono core design really shines when it’s put on a 14”+ barrel. If it were me, shoot the outback as is and follow there instructions to cleaning for now. I’d save up for a 2nd rimfire can down the road than never more $ into that one. Is a take apart easier to clean.... yes. But in my opinion even as dirty as shooting .22 is the outback will give you years of enjoyment as is

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I thought bigcraig and I were the only ones unfortunate enough to have aluminum baffles on a .22 can!

Third checking in here. Tac 65 purchased 14 years ago.

Personally, I wouldn't want a rimfire suppressor that wasn't user serviceable.

Third here too. Even the integral I'm having built is going to be user serviceable (removable baffles). S&H Arms Ruger M77/44.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Third checking in here. Tac 65 purchased 14 years ago.

I think I'm about 10 years in on my Stratus.

Tac Innovations represent!

I will say that T. I.'s customer service is/was EXCELLENT when I sent my Stratus in for spa treatment, cleaning, and stuff. Absolutely 100% excellent.

Top Bottom