• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Very wise input, gmcttr. You know me well.
    You are right. I don't regret paying good money for a good firearm & have double invested in what I have compared to when I started out the first year.
    You mentioned the Shadow 2.
    I would buy a Kadet .22LR kit for it just for fun if I thought it would cycle my SAO flat light trigger, but from what I've read, springs have to be switched out, not just the slide to make it work, then back again for the 9mm.
    Since I hate the Urban Grey (not grey, not tan, but an ugly combination I refer to as diaper brown), I've even thought of letting Allen Cerakote it.
    Or maybe just getting grips to go with the Urban Grey crap color: I've looked, too many choices.

I am stunned at the prices of a good spotting scope.

Got an intro to doing that with hitting push pins at Crosley, but that was only 30 yds.

I thought the 10/22 was middling, but the RPR was all over the place!
    :dunno:
    Ruger 10/22 has a Nikon Prostaff 2 3-9 x 40 (50 yd. paralax)
    Ruger Precision Rifle has a Hawke Vantage 3-9 x 40 (Did see paralax on box, maybe in manual.

Scope definitely limits your RPRR. Mine took a couple boxes of shells to approach it's potential. New, it shot CCI minimags better than other stuff. Now it is much better with the std vel and subsonic ammo.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    definitely the best part Of shooting with others and trying new things. The bad part is doddg is costing me money wanting to buy expensive stuff and I’m trying to save him money with budget friendly things that outperform their more expensive competition

That's why I love trying new things, you never know when you'll try something that changes things for the better.

Triton

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2020
    New Albany
    Leaving the range now. Wanted to see what the 10/22 would shoot.

1st pic is on a bench at 50yds and 2nd is at 100yds. A little bit of crosswind.

Attachments

• A061B0B2-2F72-4B5F-8CDB-E964181A856B.jpg
      A061B0B2-2F72-4B5F-8CDB-E964181A856B.jpg
      78.6 KB · Views: 4
    • E64F2C91-AB67-4C42-88FC-40032D5C6F93.jpg
      E64F2C91-AB67-4C42-88FC-40032D5C6F93.jpg
      76.7 KB · Views: 3

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    i picked up a 10/22 in a trade today. Curious to see how it shoots. Doddg has it to take and evaluate at 100 yds before I even get to shoot it lol. I rarely get past 50 due to limitations where I usually shoot.
    View attachment 88770
    Leaving the range now. Wanted to see what the 10/22 would shoot.

1st pic is on a bench at 50yds and 2nd is at 100yds. A little bit of crosswind.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    i picked up a 10/22 in a trade today. Curious to see how it shoots. Doddg has it to take and evaluate at 100 yds before I even get to shoot it lol. I rarely get past 50 due to limitations where I usually shoot.
    View attachment 88770

I can't imagine it being any better than the Savage 2 I shot yesterday, which beat my two Rugers.
    The fun is in the trying, however.
    This time, I'll hope my Rugers beat your Ruger! :rockwoot:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    well if yours don’t outshoot it’s we can make a deal I’m sure!

I can't imagine it being any better than the Savage 2 I shot yesterday, which beat my two Rugers.
    The fun is in the trying, however.
    This time, I'll hope my Rugers beat your Ruger! :rockwoot:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    well if yours don’t outshoot it’s we can make a deal I’m sure!

No doubt, but I'm going to learn to shoot my Ruger rifles to hopefully compete with that Savage.:ar15:
    By the way, I never lightened up the trigger any: to busy trying to get on that 2'x2' target at 100 yds. :laugh:
    Between our shared admiration for the CZ & .22LR, we should have been doing more trading back when I was turning over guns more than now.
    I'm starting to get attached to the "survivors." :)
    I can't believe you are the one who bought my 1st CZ Rami back in Dec. of 2018, & I've bought a .22 rifle & at least 2 Ruger .22 handguns from you fairly recently.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    the rami is like a bad STD for me. I’ll get rid of one and over it but they just keep coming back. They have always been a favorite but for whatever reason I’ll get annoyed with them and trade it away. I’ve gotten a Ruger mk iv or 3 I can’t remember from you with some upgrades and I also believe a sw victory went one way between us. I’m to the point now I like 22 way more than anything else even my beloved CZs. So we will probably be in same boat for a while. I’m fairly happy with collection now but always a spot or two that get rotated by trading or selling

No doubt, but I'm going to learn to shoot my Ruger rifles to hopefully compete with that Savage.:ar15:
    By the way, I never lightened up the trigger any: to busy trying to get on that 2'x2' target at 100 yds. :laugh:
    Between our shared admiration for the CZ & .22LR, we should have been doing more trading back when I was turning over guns more than now.
    I'm starting to get attached to the "survivors." :)
    I can't believe you are the one who bought my 1st CZ Rami back in Dec. of 2018, & I've bought a .22 rifle & at least 2 Ruger .22 handguns from you fairly recently.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    i picked up a 10/22 in a trade today. Curious to see how it shoots.
    Doddg has it to take and evaluate at 100 yds before I even get to shoot it lol. I rarely get past 50 due to limitations where I usually shoot.
    View attachment 88770

I did make it to Point Blank for a 25 yd check, but didn't get to the 100 yds. at MCFG.
    First row at only 13 yds. to see how far off it was, but it was near perfect since the previous owner shot it.
    The rest of the page was at 25 yds, which is all that Pt. Blk. goes to.
    Moving from right to left on the front row, you can see how quick it dialed in.
    xPpQQ8h.jpg

Here is a pic of the Ruger 10/22 rifle with the E.R. Shaw barrel (forget what stock called).
    J33cDi3.jpg

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    archangel stock. Forget the exact model.
    I did make it to Point Blank for a 25 yd check, but didn't get to the 100 yds. at MCFG.
    First row at only 13 yds. to see how far off it was, but it was near perfect since the previous owner shot it.
    The rest of the page was at 25 yds, which is all that Pt. Blk. goes to.
    Moving from right to left on the front row, you can see how quick it dialed in.
    xPpQQ8h.jpg

Here is a pic of the Ruger 10/22 rifle with the E.R. Shaw barrel (forget what stock called).
    J33cDi3.jpg

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I think it’s the deluxe target stock. Just wish it was threaded to run my suppressor.

I did like the feel of it better than the lighter/smaller Savage 2.
    The rings weren't high enough for me, so it was hard on my neck, but it shot well.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I am blowing through my .22LR ammo at an alarming pace. :scratch:
    13,000 rounds in 12 weeks = almost an average of 1100 rounds per week. :ugh:

I thought I had a decade supply of ammo stored up.
    I could be wrong. :dunno:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I can just not sure I want to dump more money in it.

A friend said it cost about $125-$150 to have it threaded.
    You might ask what Allen charges & if he does it.
    If he does & the price is where you want it, I could take the gun out to him when I pick up my car.

Top Bottom