Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    My gun has about 50 shots through it.
    Is not "broke in".
    5 shots at 25 w CCI Blazer.
    Not great but way better than that ^%$#@ 10/22 sporter.
    I was around .4" w SK rifle match at 25 yards.
    My 10/22 target rig did that at 50 yards.

Heard CZ was better................hope with more down the tube it improves.

My oldest 10/22 sporter ('67) did .75" at 50 yards w CCI Blazer.
    While not sub MOA, that was good enough for me, considering the platform and the rig being bone stock.............except for a Volq hammer.
    Was a dandy hunter...............alas, it was a factory checkered model, and they worth way more than I paid.

Too collectible to risk taking afield.
    So I got a more "huntable" version.

And it shot like crap LOL

Figures.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Will probably hunt my CZ455 until it's all dinged up and then will slim it some, when refinishing.
    I think the angles of the stock are OK, just off in other dims.
    Usable.

Hey, at least they gave me "extra wood" at the start ;)

Too bad they didn't do the "hog back" stock in a synth.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Added my '76 Bianchi doube suede cobra sling to the CZ455.
    Burris alloy rings and Leupold 2-7X VX1.
    Think as a general shooter/hunter it is done.
    May work on the trigger after more shooting.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Added my '76 Bianchi doube suede cobra sling to the CZ455.
    Burris alloy rings and Leupold 2-7X VX1.
    Think as a general shooter/hunter it is done.
    May work on the trigger after more shooting.

I am stopping into Ace hardware today or tomorrow to pick up an Ace 144 spring and see how that helps the trigger in my 455. Apparently, you can also use a Fastenal 160a and get the trigger pull down considerably.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Trying to decide whether to go after a Ruger Precision Rimfire .22LR rifle since it is bolt action.
    I have the Ruger 10/22 model 1132 Mannlicher semi-automatic rifle now with a Nikon Prostaff 3-9 x40 scope.
    I was thinking I "need" a bolt action as well as a semi-auto, but if I had to choose, which direction should I lean if I don't keep both?
    Be content with the 10/22 (shoots wonderful for my purposes, b/c the Precision is just a "little" better at 100 yrds, but not much at 50 yrds?
    I mostly will be shooting only 25 yds. at Point Blank, but will occasionally shoot further if I get into an outdoor shooting place (MCF&G or Fall Creek).

I could go back and find the page where this was talked about, but thought I'd try the short version first.

I have considered finding a CZ bolt action since it was recommended.
    I find a bolt action enjoyable in that it allows me to slow down and focus more. It's fun to work the action also. I would say have both. The bolt action could be your precision gun with the semi auto more for shooting fast or steel challenges.

I was looking at buying a CZ bolt gun when I found the Ruger Precision deal. A new RPR is around $400 - $425 and would require a $180 aftermarket barrel to shoot like a precision gun, based my own experience and the research I did. You'd also need someone to install the new barrel for you. A positive is that the stock is easily adjustable to fit each person.

Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't buy a new RPR knowing that I'd have to put a new barrel in to get the level of accuracy I'd be after, because of the added cost. I'd just get a CZ and be done with it. The CZ will hold it's value better, that's why you don't see too many of them on the used market, owners tend to keep them.

However, there was an RPR in the classies for $300 last I looked. That's a solid price. If you went that way, you could dip your feet into bolt action and see if you like the platform before installing a new barrel.

Another option is to meet up with someone in your area who has a CZ and a RPR. Try before you buy?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I find a bolt action enjoyable in that it allows me to slow down and focus more. It's fun to work the action also. I would say have both. The bolt action could be your precision gun with the semi auto more for shooting fast or steel challenges.

I was looking at buying a CZ bolt gun when I found the Ruger Precision deal. A new RPR is around $400 - $425 and would require a $180 aftermarket barrel to shoot like a precision gun, based my own experience and the research I did. You'd also need someone to install the new barrel for you. A positive is that the stock is easily adjustable to fit each person.

Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't buy a new RPR knowing that I'd have to put a new barrel in to get the level of accuracy I'd be after, because of the added cost. I'd just get a CZ and be done with it. The CZ will hold it's value better, that's why you don't see too many of them on the used market, owners tend to keep them.

However, there was an RPR in the classies for $300 last I looked. That's a solid price. If you went that way, you could dip your feet into bolt action and see if you like the platform before installing a new barrel.

Another option is to meet up with someone in your area who has a CZ and a RPR. Try before you buy?

The rimfire in the classifieds is what started this whole process. *♂️

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I am stopping into Ace hardware today or tomorrow to pick up an Ace 144 spring and see how that helps the trigger in my 455. Apparently, you can also use a Fastenal 160a and get the trigger pull down considerably.

I have some spring stock, plus my LGS has some too.
    Have not taken mine apart to even check what it has LOL

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I’m not the 22 expert but given my experience and observations, I’d be hard pressed to not highly recommend a CZ for out of the box accuracy. IMHO.

The only two rimfire rifles I currently own that give my two CZs a run for the money in accuracy are a pair of 10/22s that both have aftermarket barrels - one a Shilen bull barrel and the other a Volquartsen muzzleweight. I recently reassembled my Shilen 10/22 that had not been fired in over 10 years and sighted in last weekend. Was using CCI Std. Vel. but if I recall Federal target 711B shot very well in it in the past.
    A 10 22 at 50 yds.jpg
    My CZ Trainer/Special a few weeks before.
    A CZ at 50 yds.jpg
    The CZ still has the long creepy trigger. The 10/22 has my own trigger job with fairly crisp pull of around 2.75lbs. I was using 12X with the CZ and 7X with the 10/22. I used Wolf Target in the CZ.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Thinking of adding a nice looking beauty queen to compliment my "tacticool" .22 rifles.

This CZ 457 AT-ONE is extremely appealing. I felt movement when I looked at.

pix191803301.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Thinking of adding a nice looking beauty queen to compliment my "tacticool" .22 rifles.

pix191803301.jpg

:wow: That adjustable stock could just be what the Dr. ordered!

Do you think I could get my medical insurance to pay for part of that? :dunno:
    After deductible, of course. I don't want to be greedy. :rofl:

Let's see where that fits into the Retirement budget. :coffee:
    Darn, I can't find it. :rolleyes:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Opps! I asked about this gun earlier this am but instead of putting Beretta model 71, I put CZ. :wallbash:

Anyone know anything about the Beretta model 71 .22LR pistol?
    They are supposed to be highly reliable with decent accuracy for its size.

oKelivt.jpg

Last edited:

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008

I really like the look too! I didn't even know CZ made a version like that - NICE!

:wow: That adjustable stock could just be what the Dr. ordered!

Do you think I could get my medical insurance to pay for part of that? :dunno:
    After deductible, of course. I don't want to be greedy. :rofl:

LOL! That's a good one! :)

Top Bottom