• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Naaah ... Hop cheats ... he knows all about the secret sauce that makes accurate rifle shooting possible.

:thumbsup:

50+ yr old eyes. Classic GI issued sling. CCI Standard velocity ammo. Negligible wind. 8+ years of Appleseed & Revere's Riders training.

Tankerdave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    N E Indiana
    Any of the rimfire addicts familiar with the ruger SR-22 rifle? Got 1 today and want to possibly mount a scope but would like to keep factory sights if possible. Can I use rings that remove and attach easily if I wanted to take scope off and use stock sights? Can I do this or am I just wasting my time? Thanks for any info.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Dunno if they would be tall enough to clear AR style irons, but maybe the see through scope rings? It’ll place the scope up high, but you wouldn’t have to worry about a zero.

QD scope rings are the other alternative, don’t know how wel they hold zero though.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Higher end QD mounts like Bobro hold zero, but this for a .22LR rifle ... use whatever QD mounts you can afford and rezero the scope if you decide to use irons for a while. Be warned, the Ruger front sight does not have any sort of detent ... it screws up and down to adjust elevation, but is held in place by friction only. If you want a front sight with a detent, you'll need to replace the factory front sight.

Tankerdave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    N E Indiana
    Well,it sounds like it would be easiest to just put a scope on it and be done. If I decide to try and keep the iron sights what would be a good replacement for the front, I know nothing about AR sights if that is what these are. I see what you mean about the Bobro sights, wow they are pricey.

Tankerdave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    N E Indiana
    Thank you Areoflyer09 and TJ Kackowski for your help and info. I think I will probably pick up the Magpul front sight for now and regular rings and a scope later. That will do what I want and like was mentioned it is a 22. If you think of anything else please let me know, this is my first rifle of this style.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Wow, that looks like a 1/4" NPT compression fitting!

Any effect on accuracy?

I got to run the 44 with the threaded barrel yesterday, both with and without the can. No change in reliability without the can, provided the round is rated at least 970fps. With the can, it ran everything I took with me.

I saw no change in accuracy from the barrel or the suppressor, minimal point of impact shift with the suppressor as well. The accuracy and POI has been a constant with this can on multiple platforms for me now.

Overall, I’m quite pleased with the 44 as a suppressor host. It runs quiet and smooth with the suppressor.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    What's better than Bobro's system then?
    Why do you keep quoting me? I have no idea who may make a better QD mount than Bobro. All I've ever said is that there are more expensive QD mounts, and that was originally in response to somebody who had just looked up the cost of a Bobro mount for the first time.

Go find somebody else to troll.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Why do you keep quoting me? I have no idea who may make a better QD mount than Bobro. All I've ever said is that there are more expensive QD mounts, and that was originally in response to somebody who had just looked up the cost of a Bobro mount for the first time.

Go find somebody else to troll.

My apologies. No idea how but I read your response (multiple times even) as saying that Bobro wasn’t on the top for QD mounts in terms of quality/repeatability. That’s what got me curious cause I’ve owned QD mounts from Midwest Indistries, American Defense, ARMS, Larue, GDI, and Bobro and Bobro has so far been the best for me, so was curious if there was something better out there I was missing

Sorry for pissing you off

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    My apologies. No idea how but I read your response (multiple times even) as saying that Bobro wasn’t on the top for QD mounts in terms of quality/repeatability. That’s what got me curious cause I’ve owned QD mounts from Midwest Indistries, American Defense, ARMS, Larue, GDI, and Bobro and Bobro has so far been the best for me, so was curious if there was something better out there I was missing

Sorry for pissing you off
    It's all good bro ... yes, I was getting a bit irritated because, in my mind, my comments were crystal clear. But, I did go back and reread my comment ... it's not as crystal clear as intended ... I should have worded it much differently.

I'm going to blame it on the Corona fog that we're all living in at the moment.

FWIW, I only use Bobro mounts when I need a QD mount. I haven't tested any others ... no need to since Bobro does the job without fail.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I'm going to blame it on the Corona fog that we're all living in at the moment.

FWIW, I only use Bobro mounts when I need a QD mount. I haven't tested any others ... no need to since Bobro does the job without fail.

That’s for damn sure about the fog. Working more hours now, more stress, and less stress relievers and losing track which day of the week it is cause they’re all the same

i have to use other mounts from time to time (can’t wait for a low Bobro RMR Mount, gonna be expensive but awesome) or other specialty applications

so back to rim fire talk.....got a Bergara B14R barreled action ordered but Georgia’s stay at home order is messing up my project. Got the scope, rings, and base set and planning on a KRG Bravo chassis

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Pleasant surprise today-- got my CZ on a 8" plate at 200.

With THUNDERBOLT! I can't believe I let that stuff in my CZ, but it's the only rimfire I have tough enough to digest it.

The best part was easily ringing an IPSC target at 200 offhand with cheap ammo. Lots of fun. Wish I would have brought my 25rd mag.

10x42 MOA SWFA is a perfect match for a .22

MikeHoncho

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2019
    Laurel
    I recently acquired a Ruger 10-22 TD in a Magpul X-22 FDE stock, threaded for a suppressor it is surprisingly a very accurate little shooter.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Went to the range every day this week at Point Blank in Greenwood with limited 10am-12pm range time. :rockwoot:
    It gives me a reason to put my pants on before noon. :laugh:

.22LR time with a Ruger Mark 3 (bought from a member) that I just put a Dagger Defense red dot on.
    How did I ever live w/o a red dot?
    Also a SW 22A-1 (my 4th SW 22A-1), that I got in a trade from a member here.
    I need to find a red dot to fit the Weaver rail that comes standard on it.

In addition, I ran the Glock 44 with nearly 2000 rounds on it now (one of the few guns I've bought new).
    It doesn't have a rail, so it will be my "open sights" gun.

Got to test out the new front red fiber optic on the Dan Wesson Revolver (replaced OEM green optic).
    Had to paint the rear sight white so I could them in contrast with the front red fiber optic.

Today, I took the Ruger Precision Rifle with a Hawke scope on it that I also bought off a member.
    I was hoping to put some rounds through the SW 41, but people were waiting for range time & I had to leave.
    I shot at 75' while fine-tuning the elevation & windage.
    I'm sparing you the usual range pics. :dunno:
    After I get it dialed in "perfect:" maybe I'll treat everyone. :laugh:

At best, I can't put 3 rounds in a row all on the exact point of the bullseye: usually only 1 round.
    I look forward to the day I can put 10 rounds in a ragged hole.

Top Bottom