• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    Picked up my receiver this morning and mocked everything up. Still waiting on some internals, so nothing is permanently mounted, and the birdcage is not timed.
    2ee6190465975ed53e8c5fa901cdb726.jpg
    87be1d68c1d9fa55f3f27635d76aeece.jpg
    f352a124c276b95744850bc442598bfb.jpg
    c89036b604ac93b1374637bf0c9b5cf5.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Looked at a Colt Huntsman today. Going back next week and buying it.

Let us know if it's good bad or ugly when you shoot it!

Seen this Colt lately (below if pic shows), but I can't be tempted since the last 1980s gun I bought that "sat in the safe" (SW 41) I had to replace the "internals" to get it running like it should.
    I'd be afraid what I'd run into from the '50s.
    If course, I bought a 1981 today, but it was a less-problematic revolver (Snorko's SW 17-4), and looks pristine.
    $575 Colt Challenger is a semi automatic pistol in 22 long rifle cal. It has an 6 inch barrel and checkered hard plastic grips. Manufactured in 1951. Overall condition very good
    11264872_01_colt_challenger__640.jpg

Last edited:

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    The Huntsman I'm looking at is blued with a 6" barrel(I think). Overall excellent condition and for a price well below that Challenger.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    I had a couple cz 457 out today for family range time. Sweet sweet shooters. With sk rifle match was getting single hole groups at 25 yds with no problem. Even scored 95 on the Rimfire central benchrest target. I think with a little more concentration (and an ao scope), I could score better. Highlight of the day for me was introducing a new kid to shooting. Oldest son's friend (about 13 years old) had never shot a gun and loved it. His first shots were with a cz 457 varmint.

SpaceCowboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2019
    Fort Wayne
    I had a couple cz 457 out today for family range time. Sweet sweet shooters. With sk rifle match was getting single hole groups at 25 yds with no problem. Even scored 95 on the Rimfire central benchrest target. I think with a little more concentration (and an ao scope), I could score better. Highlight of the day for me was introducing a new kid to shooting. Oldest son's friend (about 13 years old) had never shot a gun and loved it. His first shots were with a cz 457 varmint.

My father and I own a number of the CZ rimfires between the two of us and we are repeatedly impressed with the accuracy the rifles produce.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm getting old. :fogey:
    If I'm going to have a single-action revolver I want what I want. :dunno:
    It has taken me 3 years to get to this point, but I do have the capacity to learn. Slowly. :laugh:

As an example, I've been enjoying shooting the Uberti Stallion that I picked up (even though it is a single-action).
    But, what I really wanted after doing my research was a Uberti Cattleman: heavier & with a 10 or 12 round cylinder option.
    I bought the Stallion b/c it was available, but after having a Cattleman in my hand, I want it instead.
    The one in my hand was only a 6 round though, so I passed on it.

In the past week, shooting 1700 rounds of .22LR in 3-4 hours range sessions, I had this revelation.
    In shooting revolvers, the Dan Wesson .22LR that I've had for nearly 15 months & the newly acquired SW 17 .22LR, I made up my mind to only have good revolvers.
    I have bought over a dozen revolvers, but the Dan Wesson made me sell them all & the SW 17 has the same quality.

After trying out the Uberti Stallion just for fun, if I'm going to have a single-action: I want the Uberti Cattleman .22LR.
    It is heavier (always preferable) & has the option of a 10 & 12 round cylinder and target sights.
    I do love, "the hunt."

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    In the past week, shooting 1700 rounds of .22LR in 3-4 hours range sessions, I had this revelation.
    In shooting revolvers, the Dan Wesson .22LR that I've had for nearly 15 months & the newly acquired SW 17 .22LR, I made up my mind to only have good revolvers.
    I have bought over a dozen revolvers, but the Dan Wesson made me sell them all & the SW 17 has the same quality.

That is why I am such a fan of 22lr firearms. You can shoot 22 often and shoot a lot a lot of rounds without going poor. I could not imagine burning through 1700 rounds of 357 in a week during 3 or 4 hour range sessions. I have fired my 22lr Smith 617-1 more in the past month than I have some of my centerfire revolvers in the past dozen years.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    I totally agree. Shooting high quality Rimfire ammo through high quality firearms is just about as much fun as one can have in my opinion. I go through phases where I shoot pistol and center fire rifle, but I always rediscover my love for some good 22 plinking.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I bought one from Grabagun in Oct, 2018 for $305. That price seemed steady until recently. I just checked Grabagun and they want $369 for the base model (non-threaded barrel). Something is driving a price increase.

Tankerdave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    N E Indiana
    Anyone used the "Spartan" skeletonized charging handle from Tandemkross for the 10/22? I would like a longer handle for my sr-22 rifle. Also is the Gun Guide book for the 10/22 worth picking up for reference?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Picked up a couple of Tippmann Arms M4-22 AR's yesterday, a 7" pistol and a rifle. The pistol is awesome and should make for a fun mag dump machine. I am hoping the rifle shoots a little more accurately than the two MP15-22 rifles that I have played around with already (at best 1moa under the right conditions, but average 2-3moa). I had a slight oversight on the rifle and ordered the "Pro" model with the composite handguard. I should have got the "Elite Tactical" model with the aluminum handguard for $40 more. Tippmann sells the handguard separately for $85-$100 depending on the length. Supposedly it will use standard AR-15 handguards, so that might be an option down the road. We'll see if it causes any issues like the MP15-22 factory polymer handguard did to me before.

They both came with flip up sights, but I removed them. The rear sight is kind bulky and the scope wouldn't clear on the rifle along with decreased purchase on the charge handle. The front sight on the short handguard of the pistol obstructed the gripping area.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Top Bottom