• ...and so much more!
  • zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    we can figure something out. Seems like perfect reason for a half day at work to me
    Excellent grouping. :thumbsup:
    I couldn't do that at 21', maybe 15'.
    I never go that late to P.B. b/c people start coming when I'm leaving at 3 or 3:30pm, especially on Friday.
    If you have to wait until after 5, I'd suggest as early in the week as possible.
    Only Mondays are out for me b/c I got to be home before 7 pm for a Zoom meeting & I live 25 minutes away.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    range was a bust but at least it got all my 22s minus revolvers together in one spot for a family pic. All cheap junk compared to your browning and buckmark lol but are all probably still more accurate than I am. The older I get and the more and more I shoot I keep getting more into 22 the mark iii and both barrels will be on the way out soon as soon as I find someone who needs them lol. Daughter is dead set on a mk iv View attachment 88240

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Hi, I'm Turbo and I'm a rimfire addict!

I've decided to start this thread as a place where we can discuss all things rimfire. I thought we would enjoy having a place where we discuss/show off any rimfire firearms or discuss other rimfire related items. Come share your rimfires! Whether it be a pistol, revolver or a rifle, it is welcome here.

Shooting the 617-1 last weekend at 25 yards from a standing position. Pic shows a Vortex Venom on the revolver but had a 2X Leupold when shooting the targets. The left target is single action the right fired double action. The scope is not ideal for DA shooting and I would have have rather had the Venom. Just arrived back from Vortex , actually they sent me a new one , will sight in this weekend.

Attachments

• a 617 at 25 yards.jpg
      a 617 at 25 yards.jpg
      83.7 KB · Views: 16

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Shooting the 617-1 last weekend at 25 yards from a standing position. Pic shows a Vortex Venom on the revolver but had a 2X Leupold when shooting the targets. The left target is single action the right fired double action. The scope is not ideal for DA shooting and I would have have rather had the Venom. Just arrived back from Vortex , actually they sent me a new one , will sight in this weekend.

25 yards standing free hand: :thumbsup:
    Thanks for posting pics.
    Since I love revolver shooting, I especially like seeing SA & DA side by side. :popcorn:

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    25 yards standing free hand: :thumbsup:
    Thanks for posting pics.
    Since I love revolver shooting, I especially like seeing SA & DA side by side. :popcorn:

Yeah my eventual goal withi the 617 is to shoot all in the black at 50 yards on the NRA bullseye target firing double action. Had to put in a new mainspring which increased the DA pull a little. The original owner put in an aftermarket spring and I would get light strikes in DA .

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Yeah my eventual goal withi the 617 is to shoot all in the black at 50 yards on the NRA bullseye target firing double action. Had to put in a new mainspring which increased the DA pull a little. The original owner put in an aftermarket spring and I would get light strikes in DA .

You would love the DA pull on my Dan Wesson 8": it is simply sublime for a revolver.
    Of course I'm comparing it to others I've had:
    - Ruger GP100 (hard pull)
    - Taurus Tracker 990 (really didn't like its harder pull)
    - recently acquired SW 17-4 (better pull than the two above, though)

I once had an H&R revolver that must have had a 30+# D/A, but was still accurate when doing so, which never ceased to amaze me.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Here's another fun thing to do. Buy some round cheese puffs and a box of toothpicks. Works like the lollipops but way cheaper and the tooth pics don't sick out like the sucker sticks.
    2IEMVlm.jpg

MxqYcef.jpg

So I tried some Aguila in my 10/22. It REALLY liked it. This is 5 shots.

8CA3Q6H.jpg

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Nice grouping! The only problem I can see with using cheese balls like that is preventing myself from eating them... :):

My first though as well. I will only eat a few of the flavors of lollipops and one is enough. I'm pretty sure I'd have an orange gun and no targets if I took cheese puffs.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Rushed 30 min session with 22s thst was unplanned today. Went to get a rock island y14 by action that was threaded I’ve eyed for two weeks and it was gone.
    channeled my inner doddg and marked up the targets. It was enjoyable. All 7-10 yards free hand. Don’t have any optics in handguns and have never shot off a rest. First time indoors shooting in quite a few months. Lighting took me a minute to adjust
    shot ruger mk iv target all metal, tx22, and p17. Can’t beat a ruger for me tx22 is close but I’ve shot it a ton p17 wasn’t horrible definitely more of a plinker at six inch plates than putting on paper View attachment 88360 View attachment 88361

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Very nice. The Victory .22 is the gun that got me into rimfires. Very nice gun for the price and the upgraded version or performance center version you have looks sweet!

zxc789

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2020
    indiana
    I just got a 10/22 with Magpul x-22 furniture. A good amount of storage. Interesting gun. I've yet to shoot it, but I think it will be fun.

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    Long shot, but has anyone had issues with the 10/22 Pike Arms charging handles? I have one with the cotter pin in my pistol build, and it appears the action rod is too short. The bolt will go all the way home if pressure is applied, but it appears if left alone, it will be slightly out of battery. I'm thinking I'll order a factory charging handle to see if that sorts the issue.

I compared this to the rifle build with all Ruger internals, which cycles and "locks up" for lack of a better term, perfectly.

A bit bummed, as I had hoped to take both out for a much needed escape this weekend.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom