• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    My boss lives up in Chicago. He thinks they will have riots this summer after some stupid event. What are the chances of a riot around your home?

I guess the IUB students could head west, but the hills will tire them out.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Very little... I'm up near Carmel, 5 of my 6 immediate neighbors are armed, the 6th is a church, the Hamilton Sheriff and CPD would be a big deterrent and there is nothing but private homes here, so no businesses to loot.

No riot I can recall involved house to house looting... Businesses seem to be the preferred targets.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    As long as the social security checks don't bounce and there's Super Poligrip in stock at the local drug store, my neighbors are likely to remain pretty calm.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Very little... I'm up near Carmel, 5 of my 6 immediate neighbors are armed, the 6th is a church, the Hamilton Sheriff and CPD would be a big deterrent and there is nothing but private homes here, so no businesses to loot.

No riot I can recall involved house to house looting... Businesses seem to be the preferred targets.

As a kid growing up outside the DC Beltway. Its not always just the businesses that get looted and burned. The 68 riots in DC businesses and neighborhoods were also looted and burned.
    Granted the farther away from the city you live the better off you are.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm not real worried about me. I am quite concerned about my family that may live or work near ground zero for these "situations" though. Read that as close enough family that I'll have to go retrieve.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm not real worried about me. I am quite concerned about my family that may live or work near ground zero for these "situations" though. Read that as close enough family that I'll have to go retrieve.

I'm in that boat too. My parents live in Cumberland, and I've been trying to get them to move to Carmel for eons.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Not too worried here, Jeffersonville is right across the river from Louisville, those ferals wont cross the river too willingly... And the neighborhood I live in is far enough from the local projects that I would have warning before they got to my area. Lots of armed people around here, the ferals cannot run too fast holding their pants up with one hand, so target acquisition on hood rats would not be much more difficult than hitting a womp rat in my T-16.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm in that boat too. My parents live in Cumberland, and I've been trying to get them to move to Carmel for eons.

My grandmother still lives in Cumberland! Dude - we might be related!

To organize a riot in my neighborhood, they will need to know Hindi, Urdu, and Mandarin.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Didnt they just tear down part of the complex that was facing Keystone? or were their other improvements?

They tore down the A-frame part of the clubhouse that had the indoor [strike]bacteria culture[/strike] pool and I think the tennis/basketball court. I don't think they had to take down any revenue-generating buildings.

Top Bottom