• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Notropis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    NWI
    I guess I'm the party pooper. Ignoring Bush family private lives, not a single Bush in the history of the Bush family, performed a political act that was worth a grain of powder. They have never served the country well (speaking politically) nor their party. They aren't monsters but I'd prefer they all slip off silently into the night. Adopting a policy of doing exactly the wrong thing to obtain a moderate position palatable to ??? Now leaves a once great country in this condition.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    A fine and honorable man. Wish he would have been tougher on the Dems. I attended a breakfast he was at once. When I walked in Chuck Yeager was sitting at one of the tables. When he saw my double take he smiled at me.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I really want to say the last war hero President, but I also want to reserve 'hero' for truly heroic things. Much of what he did was also done by thousands of others you don't hear about

The last President who knew and did his duty during supremely trying times

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I find little to celebrate in his Presidency, and in my opinion, B41 and the people he surrounded himself with were responsible for the squandering the Reagan Revolution. Conservatism at the national political level has been in a constant state of retreat ever since he assumed the Presidency.

But I can appreciate all the great things he did outside that office. The President is a difficult job, and I'm certain there are many great men who did not find their full potential in it. In the fullness of time, I don't think the Presidency fully defines someone as a person. B41 seemed like a heck of a guy otherwise.

Condolences to the family.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I was fortunate enough to briefly meet the man during a White House tour when W was in office. The second ex-wife and myself were pulled off to the side by Secret Service, next thing we know Sr. comes walking up to us and thanks us for visiting the White House. Didnt always agree with him but always felt he was a good and honorable man.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    DtT3OVRU0AE9zgk.jpg:large

DtT3PqbVYAEzQl8.jpg:large
    That cartoon was laced with dust or something? My eyes started to water.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    That cartoon was laced with dust or something? My eyes started to water.
    Yeah I thought the same when i saw it.

ALL THE BEST, by George Bush
    Is one of the best reads If anyone hasnt read it.
    This hangs in my house. I am fortunate to have several items signed by the former President. He was a very kind person that I will never forget. He had a big impact on me.
    NGerbeN.jpg

Last edited:

DodgebyDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Shrub I was part of the globalist criminal cabal that brought us where we are today.

When I pledged "All Enemies" I meant just that. ALL.

Nope. SHRUB was the jackass that did more than any other to open my eyes.

I knew what to expect with KKKlinton, Shrub 2.0, 0berry Davis

All of which followed the script set forth by their handlers.

Naw, I think that after this fights over Shrubs grave will be just another in a short list that I will **** on.

I don't give a **** what he did in WW2. I know what he did at Daly Plaza and why.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    No disrespect intended, but I'll be glad when they get him in the ground. Very tired of the news media being dominated by #41.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No disrespect intended, but I'll be glad when they get him in the ground. Very tired of the news media being dominated by #41.

WW2 Vet, UN Ambassador, CIA Director, Vice President, President, oversaw the fall of Berlin Wall, Collapse of Soviet Union, calmed the nation after Rodney King, expelled Iraq from Kuwait in first US major military action since Vietnam.... and the last president that was truly a class act. Me personally, I think he's earned the time to be recognized. With a few exceptions, he was the model conservative, and one of the reasons I hold out hope the GOP can turn it around, and regain a solid foothold in their original vision. There ARE still conservatives out there like him.

RIP 41.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    WW2 Vet, UN Ambassador, CIA Director, Vice President, President, oversaw the fall of Berlin Wall, Collapse of Soviet Union, calmed the nation after Rodney King, expelled Iraq from Kuwait in first US major military action since Vietnam.... and the last president that was truly a class act. Me personally, I think he's earned the time to be recognized. With a few exceptions, he was the model conservative, and one of the reasons I hold out hope the GOP can turn it around, and regain a solid foothold in their original vision. There ARE still conservatives out there like him.

RIP 41.

Again, I'm not out to bash 41. I'm just worn out on hearing about him.

Other than the tax thing and that silly little Second Amendment, he was OK in my book.

Top Bottom