• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Daggone buddy....hope you get well soon. I can't even imagine being in the hospital this long....especially if you feel decent. Has to be hard on your family as well. Just know that we are thinking of you all, you're not alone and if you need anything you got us all. When my wife was sick and I spent a week or so at the hospital with her....It was humbling, just being around people everyday that had so many problems they were dealing with. Made me walk out of that place everyday thanking God for what I had. I spent a lot of time in the chapel. People can have money and fame....but nothing is as valuable as our health. We will keep you in our prayers. Wishing you the best!

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Thanks CitiusFortius for the cool INGO shirt! I'll wear it around the unit on my walks.

I've been here 16 weeks now. I'm walking 3 miles a day now and doing my exercises twice a day. They are having a hard time finding lungs big enough for me. I am in a lot better shape than when I got here though. Still just waiting.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    I was hospitalized for a week back in Feb. Even that amount of time I was ready to crawl out of my skin. I was begging the Dr to release me after 3 days. I can understand the restlessness completely, hopefully you will be back on your feet soon!

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Thanks CitiusFortius for the cool INGO shirt! I'll wear it around the unit on my walks.

I've been here 16 weeks now. I'm walking 3 miles a day now and doing my exercises twice a day. They are having a hard time finding lungs big enough for me. I am in a lot better shape than when I got here though. Still just waiting.

Geesh! Just saw this, I wondered where you had been hiding. Best of luck big guy!

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Played some cornhole with the wife and kids today.

The wife is bringing my dog to see me tomorrow. Kind of excited to see my pup.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Do they have stats on which months provide the most lungs for transplant? I would imagine it's the summer motorcycle season and a lot of isolated head trauma. Could be any day. I know it seems morbid, but it is what it is. Hang in there!

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Do they have stats on which months provide the most lungs for transplant? I would imagine it's the summer motorcycle season and a lot of isolated head trauma. Could be any day. I know it seems morbid, but it is what it is. Hang in there!
    Memorial Day weekend is supposed to be busy for transplants.
    Hey, Griff, prayers are with you and family. How are they holding up?

Are you able to get outside at all?
    I got outside today to walk and play cornhole. I'll be outside tomorrow when my wife brings my dog to see me. They try to get me out when the weather is nice and they're not too busy.

Tennessee fans?

Stay strong.
    Not Tennessee fans. The occupational therapist found the boards here. They belong to the hospital.

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    On a positive note:
    I'm down 30lbs since I got here 17 weeks ago. I'm walking over 3 miles a day now with 2.5lbs ankle weights on each ankle and doing exercises twice a day with dumbells. I'm in a lot better shape than when I got here. I could only walk about 25 yards or so without having to stop and catch my breath.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Dude, first time I saw this thread. So sorry but I can sympathize. Two summers ago I spent a week at IU for a possible kidney transplant rejection. That was a pretty tense time but I was at least mobile and could wear my own cloths. Will be praying for you man. Hang in there.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    You are in my prayers as well. This is a great time to remind everyone to sign up to be an organ donor. When my number is up and it is my day, I pray they take anything and everything that others can use. My kids both grumbled a little when they first got their driver's license and I insisted they be organ donors, but if anything ever happened to either of them (I pray it doesn't but who knows) I would want a part of them to live on if at all possible.

Many blessings for you and your family and the medical personnel in charge of your care.

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    My wife and kids brought my dog to see me Monday. She didn't recognize me at first because of my oxygen mask and backed away and barked at me. This picture was taken right after she recognized me. I love the expression on her face.

And one more picture:

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    You are in my prayers as well. This is a great time to remind everyone to sign up to be an organ donor. When my number is up and it is my day, I pray they take anything and everything that others can use. My kids both grumbled a little when they first got their driver's license and I insisted they be organ donors, but if anything ever happened to either of them (I pray it doesn't but who knows) I would want a part of them to live on if at all possible.

Many blessings for you and your family and the medical personnel in charge of your care.
    Wish I could, but I was instructed when I left the Army that I was not able to be a donor for life. Something about a chemical I was exposed to, but they won't give me disability for it, lol! Go figure.

Top Bottom