• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Wish I could, but I was instructed when I left the Army that I was not able to be a donor for life. Something about a chemical I was exposed to, but they won't give me disability for it, lol! Go figure.

That sucks. Thank you for your service. It really makes you wonder just what our men and women in the military are exposed to. I have nieces and nephews that are active duty so understand those concerns all too well.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    My wife and kids brought my dog to see me Monday. She didn't recognize me at first because of my oxygen mask and backed away and barked at me. This picture was taken right after she recognized me. I love the expression on her face.

Outstanding. Glad the hospital was cool and let that happen!

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Today is day 135 here. My doctors didn't think I would be here this long but they can't find lungs big enough for me. They thought they had some for me a couple weeks back but they didn't work out. I have another heart cath set for this afternoon. Have to see how it goes.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Prayers for positive results on your heart cath today and that they find lungs for you very soon!

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Thanks all. Heart cath went okay. The right side of my heart is still enlarged and the Dr said it is really "struggling." I don't know if the pressure is higher than the last one I had done or not. I'll talk to my Dr tomorrow.
    How's the food?
    Not very good but I have gotten used to it. I know what I can and won't eat off the menu. The lasagna and cheese ravioli aren't bad.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Thanks all. Heart cath went okay. The right side of my heart is still enlarged and the Dr said it is really "struggling." I don't know if the pressure is higher than the last one I had done or not. I'll talk to my Dr tomorrow.

Not very good but I have gotten used to it. I know what I can and won't eat off the menu. The lasagna and cheese ravioli aren't bad.
    Can you have outside food?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Continued prayers. Hang in there, we won't forget about you. Keep us posted.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I just saw this for the first time tonight. My dad had a Lung transplant at the same hospital. They took good care of him. God has a plan for you. Be strong and trust in him. Your miracle is on it way so be ready to celebrate.

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Hope everybody had a Happy Father's Day. Mine started out with a text from my wife saying she had my son at the ER. His stomach started hurting him yesterday and the pain was worse this morning. It ended up being his appendix and he had to get it removed. He had surgery this morning and is doing good now. Hopefully he will be able to go home tomorrow.
    My wife and kids were going to bring me steak, potatoes and peanut butter pie today. I was really looking forward to that. My nurses ended up getting me a steak and veges from Harry and Izzy's. That was really nice of them and that steak was fantastic, even though it had no salt on it.

Top Bottom