• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hope everybody had a Happy Father's Day. Mine started out with a text from my wife saying she had my son at the ER. His stomach started hurting him yesterday and the pain was worse this morning. It ended up being his appendix and he had to get it removed. He had surgery this morning and is doing good now. Hopefully he will be able to go home tomorrow.
    My wife and kids were going to bring me steak, potatoes and peanut butter pie today. I was really looking forward to that. My nurses ended up getting me a steak and veges from Harry and Izzy's. That was really nice of them and that steak was fantastic, even though it had no salt on it.

Not the Father's day you had planned, but I'm glad your son is doing okay. Prayers that he recovers quickly.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Hope everybody had a Happy Father's Day. Mine started out with a text from my wife saying she had my son at the ER. His stomach started hurting him yesterday and the pain was worse this morning. It ended up being his appendix and he had to get it removed. He had surgery this morning and is doing good now. Hopefully he will be able to go home tomorrow.
    My wife and kids were going to bring me steak, potatoes and peanut butter pie today. I was really looking forward to that. My nurses ended up getting me a steak and veges from Harry and Izzy's. That was really nice of them and that steak was fantastic, even though it had no salt on it.
    I'm glad the nurses stepped up. Good for them.

Appendicitis is awful. BTDT. After pain was worse than c-section. Make sure he takes it easy to heal.

Been thinking about ya.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Blessings to your whole family Griff. Hope your son has a speedy recovery.

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    My son is doing good. He was released Monday afternoon. He's still a little sore though.

I got approved for my exemption finally. That moves me up on the list nationally. Hopefully not much longer.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    My son is doing good. He was released Monday afternoon. He's still a little sore though.

I got approved for my exemption finally. That moves me up on the list nationally. Hopefully not much longer.
    I'm so glad to hear your son is healing. I don't care what anybody says, appendectomies are no walk in the park. Even the laparoscopic ones. I said it before, my c-section was easier to deal with than the appendectomy. I couldn't move after the appendix was removed for about 2 weeks without pain, but I was up and walking, albeit slowly without pain meds of any kind, upon being discharged from the hospital.

And that's great news about the exemption. Still praying. Please let us/me know if there's anything we can do for you.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

All good news! Prayers continue!

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    saying a prayer for steady, knowledgeable doctors hands. a prayer for you for healing. a prayer for the family who has lost a loved one.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Got the call this morning. Supposed to head in for surgery between 7:00 and 8:00.

So if I start finally winning at pool, are you going to blame it on the meds? :):
    Good luck to you... you and your fam will be in thoughts and prayers! Check in as soon as you can. :yesway:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm a little late to this thread, as Griff's likely already indisposed with the transplant process. Just a bit of advice. When you get your new lungs, remember, just breathe in and breathe out. If you try to breathe sideways, you'll break them.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    This is wonderful news! I saw where they are keeping the guy on life support that was shot in Paoli and immediately wondered how Griff was doing! Praying for a successful surgery!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom