• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VulpesForge

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    Nowhere
    So, I've gotten myself my first 10mm. I really like it.
    SR1911 10mm for anyone who wondered.

How do all of you see the 10mm. This is NOT directly a caliber flame war, but I'm sure that will come up. Just wondering the general INGO feeling on the round.

10mm to me is pretty much the perfect hand loaders cartridge and an all around great cartridge otherwise IMHO. You can build up a gun to take nuclear swamp fox loadings or keep it tame and have +p+ .40 going on from WWB. Going from the super fast 100gr epansion defying all copper phillips heads, to monstrous 220gr hard cast black bear slayers going 1200 fps and just about every stop in between. 10mm covers nearly every base for every handgun purpose as well as having some options that have a pretty great capacity sticking around the 15 mark in a full size. (some aftermarket glock mags I own hold 30 rounds or so, but it's comically over sized like a g17 with a 33rd mag sticking out of it.) Light and fast 135gr going 1600 fps hits harder than 357 magnum (as all full house 10mm does) and dumps all energy into the target for a devastating SD round, but pretty much all loadings between 135gr and 180gr do that quite well. Really, I feel 10mm hits all the bases for power, but some bullet designs require you to load down a bit (looking at you Hornady xtp) to keep from rending the bullet into 20 tiny pieces and a stumpy mess before it reaches it's resting point in fleshy mediums. Which leads into the next point, loading the 10mm down you can take things as small as rabbit and squirrel with proper shot placement and it benefits greatly from a suppressor as well. While not nearly subsonic, it is still hearing safe without HP in most instances. All in all, 10mm is the 357 mag of the auto loading world and 15 rounds of 357 is much better than 6 (or 8) in my opinion. More and more 10mm guns are coming out yearly and I don't see it going away any time soon. My :twocents:. I'm a self admitted 10mm goon though, so take my opinion with a grain or two of salt.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Alfordsville
    I love my centimeter shooters. I have a 20SF for hiking/outdoorsy stuff and my usual carry is a 29SF OWB (under a cover garment). Last Christmas, my beautiful bride surprised me with a Delta Elite Rail. Always looking to add to the herd.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    My cold weather carry is a Glock20 SF. A beast of a gun!
    Carry rounds are Underwood 180 gr HP'S.
    For me, these rounds are more accurate than I can shoot it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I like the idea of the 10mm, but for me I don’t want another caliber to reload.

If you shoot the Glock platform, I'm not sure you'd have to reload for 10mm?

The G20 I shot felt the same to me as my G19 and hit every little steel target I aimed at. I think I'd buy the ammo I wanted for self/bear defense, test the gun for reliability and accuracy at longer ranges, then call it good. Bring the gun out to the range to reconfirm randomly.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I keep seeing all these 10mm 1911 fans? I tried that with the OG Delta Elite. 10mm for real is too much for a 1911. By for real, I mean real 10mm, not your sweetheart .40 short and weak in a bigger package. The for REAL 10MM loads will flat kill a 1911 within 1000 or so rounds. Ditch your JMB sissy pistols and get a Glock.;)

No for real, 1911’s were never meant to shoot real deal 10MM’s

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I keep seeing all these 10mm 1911 fans? I tried that with the OG Delta Elite. 10mm for real is too much for a 1911. By for real, I mean real 10mm, not your sweetheart .40 short and weak in a bigger package. The for REAL 10MM loads will flat kill a 1911 within 1000 or so rounds. Ditch your JMB sissy pistols and get a Glock.;)

No for real, 1911’s were never meant to shoot real deal 10MM’s

OK listen up. The OG Delta was a serious ***** when it came t living up to the 10mm loads of that day. Colt paid for that idiocy and they were the reason he round fell from favor. They put a :poop: piece on the market with a spiffy name on it and in the end it was not up to the work.

The new offerings are stout by comparison. I am not real sure as to the Ruger but again no knock if that is your choice and budget.
    The SA TRP frame and slide seem to be up to the task and yes there are ways to increase the stamina of the platform to run these full monti loads. I do it all the time.

You are welcome to punish my TRP any time you wish. Come get some big boy.....:):

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So I have several hundreds of Norma level rounds through my Colt DE. When should I be expecting it to blow up. I want to film it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Could you share some of the mods/part swaps and explain how they help?

Recoil spring rate increase.
    Firing pin retainer. Put in a non-ramped one. Slows the cycle a bit.
    I know many do not approve but I have the poly recoil buffer in this one to keep it from pinning the ears back on the slide stop.....
    aRmP0CO.jpg

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    OK listen up. The OG Delta was a serious ***** when it came t living up to the 10mm loads of that day. Colt paid for that idiocy and they were the reason he round fell from favor. They put a :poop: piece on the market with a spiffy name on it and in the end it was not up to the work.

The new offerings are stout by comparison. I am not real sure as to the Ruger but again no knock if that is your choice and budget.
    The SA TRP frame and slide seem to be up to the task and yes there are ways to increase the stamina of the platform to run these full monti loads. I do it all the time.

You are welcome to punish my TRP any time you wish. Come get some big boy.....:):
    I KNEW that would get your hackles up!;) With proper parts swapping and tuning, some 1911’s can shoot full bore 10mm I admit, but not like the G20!;)

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Anybody know how well Kriss Vectors handle the hot loads, or speculation on how the B&T APC will when their 10 comes out?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I hate you guys, seriously. Reading through this thread I'm starting to do research on 10mm and I'm starting to think I need a Glock 40 MOS. I've consolidated calibers and don't currently own anything other than 9mm and 45acp in autos. 10mm may have to carve out a niche

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I hate you guys, seriously. Reading through this thread I'm starting to do research on 10mm and I'm starting to think I need a Glock 40 MOS. I've consolidated calibers and don't currently own anything other than 9mm and 45acp in autos. 10mm may have to carve out a niche

I've done that already. I picked up a Glock 20sf. Then I got a CAA MCK for it. It's now a dedicated home Defense micro carbine. Now I want a single stack for EDC.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    You all know who to think for the surge in 10mm right? Yeah. You do.....

maxresdefault.jpg

I bought one, just for fun, and it is.
    It's actually a lot more accurate than one would expect.
    It's the only Hi-Point I own, or will likely ever own.
    The carbines are about the only thing they offer that don't appear to be junk.

Mine is the 10mm flavor, and it eats everything I feed it without hiccups. I like it for what it is, a range toy.
    The carbines are ugly enough. Their pistols are just plain hard on the eyes.

Top Bottom