• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I bit the bullet and paid the extra $12 and ordered online. I wish I wouldn't have waited. I was going to do it over the weekend but didn't want to pay shipping fee. I was hoping to get the gray frame but they were sold out as mentioned above.

Total was $205.58 with shipping and sales tax. That's before the rebate, but since I waited to order I have to wait extra days for it to arrive. *Kicks rocks*

Does anyone with experience ordering from RK Guns have any insight into how long orders usually take to ship to the local store?

I don't want to seem too impatient, but I ordered last Thursday and haven't seen a shipping confirmation email yet. It's only been 3 business days so I'm not sweating it yet, but if I don't see one in the next day or two I might be.

It would seem an in-stock item shouldn't take more than a day or two to ship, but again, I have no experience with Rural King guns.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Does anyone with experience ordering from RK Guns have any insight into how long orders usually take to ship to the local store?

I don't want to seem too impatient, but I ordered last Thursday and haven't seen a shipping confirmation email yet. It's only been 3 business days so I'm not sweating it yet, but if I don't see one in the next day or two I might be.

It would seem an in-stock item shouldn't take more than a day or two to ship, but again, I have no experience with Rural King guns.

I've only ordered from them once (I have posted about this in other threads and won't repeat why no additional orders here), but in looking at my emails from that order, looks like I ordered on Friday and it shipped on the Monday. That was back toward the last quarter of 2017.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I've only ordered from them once (I have posted about this in other threads and won't repeat why no additional orders here), but in looking at my emails from that order, looks like I ordered on Friday and it shipped on the Monday. That was back toward the last quarter of 2017.

Thanks. Appropriately enough I got the shipping email about 30 minutes after posting.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana

Ordered one some time ago from them. Shipped from their Illinois warehouse. IIRC it took about a week. Some of that time is processing at the local store.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Ordered one some time ago from them. Shipped from their Illinois warehouse. IIRC it took about a week. Some of that time is processing at the local store.

I got a call Wednesday that the gun had arrived. I will be picking it up tomorrow. Total time from online order to delivery was 6 days, including a weekend in the middle of it.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I consider Taurus "bottom of the barrel" when it comes to firearms, but heck, I'd try one for $150.

Taurus may be in the lower third of the barrel. Hi Point and SCCY are at the bottom with Hi Point down in the dregs. Taurus is more a limited or low budget brand compared to the other two. The ones I've handled seemed to be OK but I've never put rounds through them. Hi Point and SCCY are another matter. Cheap and chintzy looking and feeling is an understatement.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Taurus may be in the lower third of the barrel. Hi Point and SCCY are at the bottom with Hi Point down in the dregs. Taurus is more a limited or low budget brand compared to the other two. The ones I've handled seemed to be OK but I've never put rounds through them. Hi Point and SCCY are another matter. Cheap and chintzy looking and feeling is an understatement.

You want function or fashion? I'll put a HiPoint up against a Taurus any day of the week. They eat whatever you throw at them and always "go bang." Good luck with taurus if it needs warranty work too.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Interested to hear how your pickup goes.

I picked up the G2C today in Greenwood. no issues with the transfer. Did the 4473 via the computer kiosk. It was quick, followed by 15-20 minutes shooting the bull with the clerk while waiting for the official "proceed." He told me they had actually gotten a second shipment of the G2Cs in due to the rebate and not being able to keep them in stock. Said they had just three left as of opening this morning, but they were all gone by the time I came into pick-up mine a little after Noon. They had a full cart of USPS boxes that had been delivered this morning from RK Gun orders. I saw at least three more G2Cs get opened up in the approx 30 minutes I was there.

I had my young kids with me so I had to buy them some gummy bears as a reward for being so patient and waiting for the paperwork to clear. Rural King does still have that dumb policy of requiring an employee to walk the gun out of the store, but other than that it was a very pleasant interaction.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I picked up the G2C today in Greenwood. no issues with the transfer. Did the 4473 via the computer kiosk. It was quick, followed by 15-20 minutes shooting the bull with the clerk while waiting for the official "proceed." He told me they had actually gotten a second shipment of the G2Cs in due to the rebate and not being able to keep them in stock. Said they had just three left as of opening this morning, but they were all gone by the time I came into pick-up mine a little after Noon. They had a full cart of USPS boxes that had been delivered this morning from RK Gun orders. I saw at least three more G2Cs get opened up in the approx 30 minutes I was there.

I had my young kids with me so I had to buy them some gummy bears as a reward for being so patient and waiting for the paperwork to clear. Rural King does still have that dumb policy of requiring an employee to walk the gun out of the store, but other than that it was a very pleasant interaction.

Good to hear it went well. I'm curious, did they let you handle the gun before the transfer?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Good to hear it went well. I'm curious, did they let you handle the gun before the transfer?

No. I was told no trigger lock means no touchy. It seems dumb to not allow people to try the trigger on a gun before buying. Especially one with an odd trigger like the G2C which is a striker fired gun with a looooong take-up, but also double strike capability that essentially makes it a double action if you don't want to rack the slide to reset.

He did at least pull it out of the box and showed it to me to let me visually look it over to check for any major scratches or finish issues. But considering it's a $175 Taurus, this thing is going to get beat to hell anyway.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

Been reading this thread with interest.
    When Rural King first started the $155 madness about 2 or 3 weeks ago, I almost bought one a couple of times in a 3 day period and was even headed down to Greenwood from out of town to buy one after calling to make sure they had one, but since I had bought 2 CZs in about as many days, I decided not buy the Taurus despite the temptation b/c of the good reviews and price.

Enjoy and keep us informed of how many rounds you put through it w/o issue.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    No. I was told no trigger lock means no touchy. It seems dumb to not allow people to try the trigger on a gun before buying. Especially one with an odd trigger like the G2C which is a striker fired gun with a looooong take-up, but also double strike capability that essentially makes it a double action if you don't want to rack the slide to reset.

He did at least pull it out of the box and showed it to me to let me visually look it over to check for any major scratches or finish issues. But considering it's a $175 Taurus, this thing is going to get beat to hell anyway.

Yep, this is the primary reason I won't buy there again. No chance to checkout the gun hands on before the transfer is a no go for me.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Yep, this is the primary reason I won't buy there again. No chance to checkout the gun hands on before the transfer is a no go for me.

I hear you on that. This was a purchase based purely on price and everything had already been paid for. Had I just walked in off the street and asked to check out the gun prior to purchase, I probably would have walked away laughing, never to return.

As for the gun itself, I am really impressed with the fit and finish for a $200 gun. It's a bit stiff, which is to be expected for something brand new. The stippled grip panels are very aggressive and I expect I may sand down the panel on the back strap that fits in the palm. Other than that it for my hands well.

I will be ordering an after market all steel guide rod and spring assembly to replace the polymer one that comes with it. The polymer 3 dot sites seem sturdy enough for now. Not planning to replace those unless they prove unreliable.

I don't plan to make this a main carry gun, but I did order a IWB holster from CYA Supply Company just to have the option. I hadn't heard of them but they are well reviewed and seem to make a high quality kydex type holster for under $40.

41gQ-zdZXhL._AC_SY400_.jpg

*Stock photo

I plan on getting to the range Monday and putting a few hundred rounds through it.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I hear you on that. This was a purchase based purely on price and everything had already been paid for. Had I just walked in off the street and asked to check out the gun prior to purchase, I probably would have walked away laughing, never to return.

Honestly, it PO'd me even more because it was the same thing with me. Gun was paid for as I had ordered it and had it shipped, and I wanted to take a moment to confirm it was functional, etc before it became a non returnable item (post transfer).

Glad to hear you are liking it so far.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    A quick update on the G2C.

I had a chance to shoot it Monday and I put 250 rounds of FMJ through it with no hiccups. It was a mix of Federal brass and aluminum cased, plus a bunch of Tula steel cased thrown in for good measure. At one point I even tossed all three types into a bag, mixed it up and loaded mags in whatever way I pulled rounds out.

I didn't go out past 10 yards but the gun ran great and groups were more than adequate for self-defense purposes. They did open up a bit towards the end of the session, but I think that was more about me getting tired than anything.

I had no failures of any kind with the exception of the slide failing to lock back on an empty mag a few times. This is due to my thumb riding the slide stop and it's a known grip issue I have with a lot of handguns, not just this one.

I will say the aggressive texturing on the back strap did put a hurting on my palm by the end. It wasn't too bad for the first 200 rounds or so, but my hand was sore and visibly red by the end. That probably wouldn't ever be an issue unless using the gun in an all day pistol class. In that instance a pair of lightweight gloves might be in order.

The other thing I noticed is that the extractor pulls empty casings out with a vengeance. Brass was flying out forcefully and slamming into the partition at the indoor range. It was a consistent throw pattern, but several cases bounced off the wall and came back to hit me in the face. I had 6 or 7 visible powder smudges on my face when I was done.

Next up is to run a couple of mags worth of Federal HSTs through it to ensure those feed well. The CYA Supply Co. holster should be he by the end of the week.

The G2C is sized right in between my LCP and G19, so I do see this moving into the summer carry rotation provided the hollow points cycle properly.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Good to hear the range report, I wondered about how they would shoot, I had a pt111 years ago, never cared for it. Was tempted to buy a G2 awhile back, but found my M&P 9c around then, so got that. Might have to consider the G2C now...thanks!

Top Bottom