• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fort Liberty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Early this morning, Fort Liberty in Avon was robbed. Fortunately, we are only missing a few guns. Due to the on-going investigation, I can't release the serial numbers, however, I can list the gun types.

1. Mossberg 500 persuader, 12 gauge, black, 18.5 inch bbl.
    2. Maverick 88 by Mossberg, 12 gauge, black
    3. Remington 887 Nitro, 12 gauge, black
    4. CVA Mountain rifle, .32 caliber-(probably a spur of the moment thing for the thug who likes to get in the woods every now and then)

As you can see, they did a pitiful job getting anything of great value. No high power rifles or handguns were accessible. Sorry I can't give bad guy descriptions yet.

If everyone could keep their eyes and ears open while at the local gun stores or even pawn shops for seedy looking characters trying to sell new but potentially damaged guns, I would really appreciate it.

The shop is obviously closed for repairs today but we are here working so if anyone needs us, call 272-1600.

Thank you all for you support,

Scott

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    My feelings toward thieves is not politically correct. I hope they are apprehended quickly, your firearms returned in "pre-stolen" condition, and those responsible answer to Bubba for a long long time.

BGFirearms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    3020 S.Emerson Ave.
    Sorry to hear that happened to you guys. I know all the challenges that come with a business and the last thing you/we need is more stress placed upon us. Hope you all get things back in order soon. Greg....

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    This is one of my worst fears being a gun shop owner. We remove and lock up all of the firearms in safes every night at closing time. I know that is only going to stop the honest people. I hate to hear this and hope they are recovered. I will keep my eyes open. If you can get serial numbers that would be great. Hope everything works out and this does not happen again.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Unfortunate news for your business. Hope you're up and running asap. I wanted to take my girl to your shop today after a 45 minute trip to the Hobby Lobby and was pretty bummed when i saw the plywood up.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    I hate to hear this. Let us know when you can post or tell us serial numbers. I will keep my eyes peeled. Hope they catch whoever did this. That is why I go through the trouble every evening of taking every firearm in the shop out of the displays and locking them up in the safes. Hopefully you guys get straightened out from this and back on track quickly.

Top Bottom