• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Well this just sucks! Avon just ain't the same as it used to be. I HATE Avon with a passion now. Working there is horrible and driving through there is worse. I'm sorry this happened to you guys, and I hope the bastages responsible are caught soon!

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Scott,

Sorry to hear this. I will definately keep an eye out for what you have listed. You'll be first to know.

Not to surprised that happened in Avon though :(

All_Clear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Avon, IN
    Will keep an eye open for the guns listed. My wife and I have bought from you before. And i'm an advid craigslist junky. I'll let you know if i see anything listed come up... Any lead is a good lead to follow up on.

As for Avon i'm not surprised. With "Indy" coming this way it's only going down hill from here.... I work in Brownsburg and the same with there.

Nathan

crosby841

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Fox 59 top story

Teens Wanted for Avon Gun Store Robbery

by Kent Erdahl kerdahl@fox59.com Fox59.com
    December 13, 2009

AVON - Avon police are looking for four teenagers who used a stolen SUV to smash into a firearms store and steal guns.

"It was complete chaos," said Lisa Daughtery, owner of Fort Liberty Firearms.

Surveillance video shows how that chaos unfolded early Saturday morning. A stolen, black Ford Expedition slammed through the front door of Fort Liberty Firearms. Seconds later, four males in their late teens, jumped out and grabbed guns. They took off on foot within about a minute.

Saturday night the only visible damage that remained was a boarded up entrance and a scratch on the floor from where the SUV dragged the front door. Daugherty says the cleanup took the entire day.

"This complete and total area here, all of these holsters, everything here, even our bullets and everything were everywhere today," she said. "So we spent almost the entire day today, of course, cleaning and trying to salvage everything that we could."

Despite all the damage left behind, Daugherty says the thieves only managed to take four long-barreled guns. Most of the display shelves were completely bare because Fort Liberty locks up all their handguns and assault weapons in a safe at the end of the night.

"it makes us feel more secure. We know if anybody breaks in they're not going to have handguns or assault weapons on the street.

Daugherty says she hopes the four guns that made it on the street are found. She's encouraged by the clear surveillance video and a quick response from police, who arrived within 30 seconds from the time the teens fled.

As for the business, Daugherty says they'll be okay.

"This is a family-owned business and everything that's here, including the floor, we put in ourselves, so it was a little upsetting," she said. "But we're just thankful that no one got hurt, no one was here, and that what they were able to gain was very minimal."

Avon police ask anyone with information on this crime to call 317-839-8700.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Sorry to hear of this and during the Christmas season too! I guess crime is up everywhere. Is this going to become a thing, kids stealing a truck then running it into gun stores to gain entry? First Don's and now Fort Liberty, looks like a scary trend to me. I hope they get caught and you get your property back. Of course that isn't going to make up for the senseless damage you have to repair. Good Luck to you.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    "it makes us feel more secure. We know if anybody breaks in they're not going to have handguns or assault weapons on the street.

Just curious. . . . were you quoted correctly here? Did you actually say "assault weapons"?

Johnner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    What a bunch of idiots. Good job putting everything up in the back though. I bet when they came through the front, and saw all the display cases empty they were like "oh sh*#!!!".. Now they are stuck with a federal charge for a few shotguns and a .32 rifle.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I was on the this call along with a large portion of the on duty Hendricks County's LEO's. The punks were closer to getting caught than they will ever know. A heck of a job was done by Avon officer Ryan G. who upon his arrival was met with a very chaotic scene. He put out good information and did all the right things. Sometimes they just get away. But...it ain't over yet.

I am a firm believer in having post's put in front of business doors. Many burglaries these days are done by ramming the doors,snatching and running.

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    Met a couple of the Avon officers when a lil car was trying to push me around and I will say they were down to earth and seemed to be really good people. I am glad to have officers like that in my area.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I am a firm believer in having post's put in front of business doors. Many burglaries these days are done by ramming the doors,snatching and running.

That was being done back when I worked at Office Depot in the mid-90s!! There was a group making their way from Denver down I-70 stopping off at every major city to hit Office Depots. They would send in a female, she would pull a ticket for a laptop, watch to see where the employee would go and get it from, then change her mind. Over night, they would ram the entryway with a truck, go right for that room, load up as many laptops they could, and take off.

My manager said off-duty cops were too expensive and we didn't have the posts. So what we did was take 6-7' tall pallets of boxed Xerox paper still in the wrappers and used those as barriers. The last people out had to climb the thing and jump off into the entry way to exit the store.

Packin-Heat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Avon, Indiana
    I was dispatched to the scene that morning. To remove the vehicle and impound it, I must say it is a damn shame what they did to this store. The only good thing I can say is I am really glad they got very little merchandise. Very happy to see FLF recover from this. Hope they catch the little thugs!

Top Bottom