• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johenz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Indianapols, IN
    I bought one for my son. A great value, I've found. It did have some feeding problems at first and I did have to send it off to their gunsmith for some work. They poolished the feed ramp for me and sent it back. The service was speedy and the work did the trick, not a problem since. The fit and finish of the gun are excellent. I'm contemplating buying another for myself.

Overall, my advice to you is do it.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    It might tell you something to know that the frame and slide are used to manufacture the STI Spartan... ;)

Bushcookie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    Eaton IN.
    I've got a RIA compact, shoots very good and eats hardball ammo just fine. Hollow point ammo not so much! Sights sort of on the small side. Overall I like it, just wish I could shoot hollow point ammo in it.

Nayls47

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Noble County
    I've had mine for over a year. I love it. I never had any feeding problems with it other than some poorly crimped handloads.
    I polished the feed ramp anyway using Flitz polish and a felt wheel on a Dremel tool. Shoots very good.

Ahgo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    New Haven, Indiana
    I just got mine at the INDY 1500. Traded a Taurus 145 plus some cash for it. I've only been able to fire 12 rounds through it, but it felt great and had fairly good accuracy at 50 ft (at least good for me) with fixed sights. I like so far and it so much better than my 145. Plan to get adjustable rear sights for it soon.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    I have 2 RIA's a full size tact. and a compact no problems with either one . Wish I would have found a compact with the upgraded sights . It would have been worth the wait on my part , i checked with a smith and to cut the front & rear sight dovetail would cost $150.the sights another $75. I also bought a Kimber 22 conversion to use on the tactical and enjoy it .I think for the $ you can't beat a RIA for a low-cost 1911.Since buying the RIA'S my COLTS have become safe queens , and I do carry the C.S when I go out.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I have thought about getting one of these for a cheap handgun. They have any prominent issues.

Really? Such as?

There are things on mine I didn't like, and I changed them, but the basic design and parts were sound.

The magazine left much to be desired. I'll grant you that much.

What issues have you witnessed? I take from your post you don't own one yet.

Or did you mean to say they don't have any prominent issues? :dunno:

Josh

bk1330

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Jeffersonville,IN
    I got a used full size off of a fellow ingo guy. I have had it for about 3 or 4 months no issues at all if I find another one for a good price I will get it also. Before anybody bashes me for saying "a good price" what I mean is money is kind of tight right now and to be honest with you all I really have had awesome luck with used guns. I mean why pay full price when you don't have to. I look at guns like women I don't need to be the first one who has touched them I kind of prefer them broke in a little, and on some models I like them broke in alot.
    icon10.gif

rmoore911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    SE Indy
    i'm glad to hear overall good responses about this gun. i just became aware of these not too long ago, and i'm seriously thinking about purchasing a full size tactical version in the near future.

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have the 9mm full-size tactical. It does not like Speer gold dots out of the factory mag, but they work great using a Kimber mag and a couple of metalform mags that I have. The factory mag does not seem to lock up quite as high as the other mags mentioned and the hollowpoints nosedive into the feed ramp. I am not sure if the .45 version has the same issue or not.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I too have the compact RIA 1911 and have had no problems with her. I started off shooting nothing but ball ammo for a few hundred rounds before shooting any kind of "carry" ammo. I've had no problems thus far with Golden Sabers. I like the Golden Saber rounds because the bullet has a profile similar to a ball round and isn't as truncated as some HP rounds.

Top Bottom