Rock River and Springfield Armory sold out our neighbors in Illinois.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Expat. I do stand with the NRA I vote in there election I give just 200 a year on there effort to help fight Washington I renew my NRA license plates ever year. I supportey at least once a year friends of the NRA. I do try to help with want money that I have and my time. Can I do more yes but with money tight and spare time tight I am selfish I do want sometime and few bucks for me.
    Oh I also support 6 YouTube channels Through Patreon.
    I can not say I do as much as you, I am a Life member.

I know that NRA/ILA lobbyists were present and fighting in the battle over SB1657.

The thing that bothers me is their silence about what Jay Keller, the SR/RRA EMPLOYEE, did last Thursday when he was AWOL and left a note of non-opposition.

ETA: It is likely that many if not all of the other pro-gun lobbyists did not know that IFMA was a wholly owned subsidiary of SA/RRA, so I could give them that benefit of the doubt, but they should have called out IFMA as a private entity.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Keller's job was done. He got his employers their exemptions. I think his employers figured the law would pass regardless, so might as well look out for themselves as much as they could.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    I am with you I do believe that having the NRA is very important in having one loud voice. But I wish that they would speak about what rock and SA did would make me feel better thinking they stand with all gun owners. Not with someone else that makes money from us. But to be fair it's not about my feelings. Sometimes you have to stand for something more important than money. Dignity is not for sale no matter if you go broke doing right thing is hard to do.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    OH! Well then it is OK.

No.....not at all. Just explains a few things.

This. I'm not saying it makes it OK. Just how I think it played out. He was paid by SA and RRA. He worked for them. He did his job, got special consideration for them, and got them exempted.

I don't blame him for looking out for the guys who paid him. I blame them. And I blame the politicians who are always after us.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    As anyone who has gotten to know me on this board would know, I am not a big fan of either company. I have an M1A from SA and a AR from RRA. Both were bought many years ago... I read the post that came from arfcom and it rings true to me. While the companies should have paid more attention to what their lobbyist was doing and saying, it appears they didn't. But a lot of companies will hire what they believe to be a competent professional and then let the person do their job without micromanaging what they do. While I still think they should have moved out of IL rather than trying to do business in that liberal cesspool, they didn't just like some other large gun companies continue to make guns in the just as liberal northeast. I wonder what could be found on those companies if we gave them a thorough inspection? I am going to guess they have donated some money to politicians that we would find objectionable.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I've never been a fan of people playing dumb...whether ftf or at the corporate level...it's too hard to tell if they're lying or, in fact, ignorant...either way it makes em look bad

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    But a lot of companies will hire what they believe to be a competent professional and then let the person do their job without micromanaging what they do.

Micromanaging is about getting involved in little details that your employee should be able to handle on their own. This does not cover acts that can destroy your entire company. This entire situation is so far to the other end of the spectrum (if you first believe that they were unaware) as to be classified as willful blindness. Not even on some same world.

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I don't believe RRA or S/A were willfully ignorant.
    Plausible deniability and all that...

These two companies knew exactly what was happening.
    They're just sorry they got caught in the lie.

Time to completely ignore THEIR "interests".
    Not one sale to me anytime soon.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I feel the worst for their loyal employees.

Further down the ladder, away from the executive bathrooms.

You have men and women that take their work to heart and will have high regard for the end product. But all the work means a little less when this happens.
    Less products will sell. Nothing has changed in the product itself. Just the way people will feel when they look at them in the gun case.

****ty deal.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    I feel the worst for their loyal employees.

Further down the ladder, away from the executive bathrooms.

You have men and women that take their work to heart and will have high regard for the end product. But all the work means a little less when this happens.
    Less products will sell. Nothing has changed in the product itself. Just the way people will feel when they look at them in the gun case.

****ty deal.
    +1 Well said

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    18268544_1160816517355483_186575490917830554_n.jpg

OZZY.40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Camby
    Question: If SA or RRA were truely ignorant and blind to what the IFMA was doing, couldn't SA and RRA sue the lobbyists that acted against the companies' interest?

CMB69

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Indy
    Question: If SA or RRA were truely ignorant and blind to what the IFMA was doing, couldn't SA and RRA sue the lobbyists that acted against the companies' interest?

They were not blind/ignorant. This was not a case of "hiring" a lobbyist. Illinois Firearms Manufacturers Association was created by, and owned by, Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms. No other manufacturers are members. Guess who the big wheels in the Association are?

Dennis Reese - Director, and CEO of Springfield Armory
    Tom Reese - Director, and ‎Chairman of the Board at Springfield Armory
    Chuck Larson - Director, and Founder of Rock River Arms
    Jay Keller - Executive Director

There is no possibility that they did not know what Keller was doing.

Top Bottom