Rock River and Springfield Armory sold out our neighbors in Illinois.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    He wants me to to go sign up to help fight this bill? Would not even be a problem if they did not go from against it to neutral. Are you kidding me this is his mess that SA and Rock did. Take all there profits for a year sell there houses and cars but it all into fighting this bill. Don't ask me for money or time to clean up there mess.

Actually, helping to clean up the mess is the right thing to do. It sucks that SA/RRA put us here, but the rule they violated was taking a pass on pushing back against firearm control. Don't make that same mistake when a simple e-mail/phone call/etc. can help.

JDimitri

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2017
    Crown Point
    SA and RRA tried to come up with a sorry excuse of we did not know what was going on when the lobbyist who push for this were the very heads of RRA and SA, so some people will sympathize with them over their lies and pitiful attempts of an apology all for a business advantage.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    From IG & FB posts, they are still taking some heat for what they did, but it has cooled down tremendously. I'm one of those hard headed types, neither brand is on my "to purchase list".

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Thanks Jay.

As for SA and RRA they are dead to me. SA sends me promo e mails and I reply to every one. They will eventually get the message.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    From IG & FB posts, they are still taking some heat for what they did, but it has cooled down tremendously. I'm one of those hard headed types, neither brand is on my "to purchase list".

I have put RRA on the no purchase list new or used. Just to many good offerings out there in AR's.
    I will however consider a used SA piece if the right one pops up. New......Never again. Ever.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am curious if there has been any effect on sales for the companies at all. I have asked my sales guy at the LGS and he said he hasn't heard anyone but me bring it up and hasn't seen any change in sales of SA stuff.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Thanks Jay.

As for SA and RRA they are dead to me. SA sends me promo e mails and I reply to every one. They will eventually get the message.

If you look at the emails you will probably find they have 'Don't Reply to this' messages on them as they tend to get sent from unmonitored accounts.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    the problem is this, right now, if you stop buying springfield and rra, you hurt the local gun shop, I know! the one I work at hasn't sold one springfield since the poo hit the fan....so we have 6 springfields that we have already paid for, that we cant sell (we don't stock rra)

so consumers not buying springfields only hurt the local dealers/distributors, by the time it hits your lgs, sa/rra have already been paid! so if your lgs buys a sa1911 from a distributor today, that's a different story!, but one sitting on the shelf since febuary is hurting your lgs, if they (lgs) return it, we have to pay a restocking fee!, so we loose money, and the same with the distributors if they return it to sa

i completely understand the hate towards sa/rra, but in the short run, not buying them only hurt your local gun shops! and we need those!

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    the problem is this, right now, if you stop buying springfield and rra, you hurt the local gun shop, I know! the one I work at hasn't sold one springfield since the poo hit the fan....so we have 6 springfields that we have already paid for, that we cant sell (we don't stock rra)

so consumers not buying springfields only hurt the local dealers/distributors, by the time it hits your lgs, sa/rra have already been paid! so if your lgs buys a sa1911 from a distributor today, that's a different story!, but one sitting on the shelf since febuary is hurting your lgs, if they (lgs) return it, we have to pay a restocking fee!, so we loose money, and the same with the distributors if they return it to sa

i completely understand the hate towards sa/rra, but in the short run, not buying them only hurt your local gun shops! and we need those!

Many shops made the news and got positive public relations out of this situation by advertising they were blowing out the SA and RRA firearms at cost and not restocking. The local shops around here could've done that too and avoided their current problem.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So you have an item sitting there gathering dust and costing more every day, sorry. I have made bad investments and I had to eat it.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART

The only problem I see with the situation you described for small dealers is that when you do eventually sell the SA products on hand, is that you will likely turn around and purchase more of those items due to the current demand. When that happens, those participating in a boycott of those products have then lost.

It looks like a no-win situation for all involved in the SA/RRA debacle.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

So how many more are you going to purchase BEFORE those are sold? None, more than likely (I hope). Run a special on them and get rid of them at cost then don't re-order. If someone comes in looking for one then tell them why they aren't in stock. You can always take a deposit and order one for them. If they're a die hard Springer fan that doesn't care about what they did then they probably won't mind waiting a couple days to get exactly what they are after. You don't end up holding inventory you have a hard time moving, and aren't supporting the despicable decisions of a company that people are pissed at.

Top Bottom