• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    BTW I almost forgot, while at the collectors awards Phil Schrier curator of the NRA Museums encouraged us all to visit the USS Indianapolis memorial society exhibit in the collectors section. So since I have small connection to the USS Indianapolis, my dad was nearly transferred from his Heavy Cruiser the USS Louisville to the Indy but was hit by a Kamikaze and the ship had to put into the Philippines for repairs and he missed that fateful cruise. But anyway I met a true american hero there. He was aboard one of the other two B-29's that accompanied the Enola Gay on her mission to Hiroshima. And while a scientist was supposed to take the pictures of the explosion. The film they were using could not take the altitude and the emulsion just fell apart. He ended up taking the only picture that exists of the Hiroshima explosion that was created by Little Boy. His plane was named later "Necessary Evil". Nice to learn a little history while your having fun!

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I was able to go today and LOVED it. This was my first time and certainly not my last. I swear that could of been a "worlds nicest people convention"

Motorhead302

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Fulton County
    I was able to go today and LOVED it. This was my first time and certainly not my last. I swear that could of been a "worlds nicest people convention"

i know, i bumped into and got bumped into by so many people it wasn't funny, and was always met with a big smile and a mutual apology. everybody seemed really upbeat and decent. even the exhausted people at the cafes, resting in between walks, lol.

afcolt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Madison Co.
    That was one of the best days of my life. What a show! So much to see, I was sorry I could only be there one day.

Incredible--my dad already wants to plan a trip to Nashville next year.

And yes, amazingly nice, wonderful people. It's great to remember there are people like that out there. Met Sammy Davis and Massad Ayoob. What an incredible weekend, all-around.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    warsaw
    I went! My first NRA event. I was thoroughly impressed with all of it. Polite people, good organization, and the booths were just incredible! Could not have had a better time!

Thanks to all who went and represented our great state!

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I am hoping to go next year also. It was a great time, I just wish the exhibition hall had later hours. I went to a lot of events, so despite being there all day every day, I didn't have much time to spend on the exhibits.

Top Bottom