• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This unprecedented move should frighten us as much or more than the attack itself.

Ole Ron may be correct in his message but you can't dismiss the emotion of the event and its effect on the politics in this situation. Unfortunately for Ron, as many of the things I agree with him on, you just can't say things like this with out being marginalized and dismissed by large segments of the voters. It is exactly these types of comments that the media and pundits latch onto and harp on which usually results in the real meat of his argument being forgotten. Another example of why RP never had a chance as a presidential candidate.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Ole Ron may be correct in his message but you can't dismiss the emotion of the event and its effect on the politics in this situation. Unfortunately for Ron, as many of the things I agree with him on, you just can't say things like this with out being marginalized and dismissed by large segments of the voters. It is exactly these types of comments that the media and pundits latch onto and harp on which usually results in the real meat of his argument being forgotten. Another example of why RP never had a chance as a presidential candidate.

Does the same apply to the pro gun crowd post Sandy Hook?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    [STRIKE]No. Double standard applies.
    [/STRIKE]
    I take that back. When it comes to promising security at the low, low price of an antiquated liberty or two all is fair.

Going full snark within minutes of an attack to defend the 2a isn't insensitive but it is insensitive to intelligently defend the rest of the bill of rights.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You call Ron on it while rest receives silence?

Are NRA members paying the NRA to be sensitive or to protect the 2a? Do we vote for candidates to protect our liberty or play politics with our liberty?

I didn't say he was wrong, just politically tone deaf. The NRA isn't running for president. Big difference.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    To my knowledge, Ron is no longer a candidate and has no plans to be one in the future. Yet he still gets the repub panties in a twist.

To my knowledge, he is no longer a candidate for anything either. But to not learn from our predecessor's mistakes dooms us to repeat them.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Ole Ron may be correct in his message but you can't dismiss the emotion of the event and its effect on the politics in this situation. Unfortunately for Ron, as many of the things I agree with him on, you just can't say things like this with out being marginalized and dismissed by large segments of the [STRIKE]voters[/STRIKE] media, which controls the minds of the voters. It is exactly these types of comments that the media and pundits latch onto and harp on which usually results in the real meat of his argument being forgotten. Another example of why RP never had a chance as a presidential candidate.

All it takes for ANY candidate to be competitive (relatively competitive anyways) is to have the support of the media.

Mitt Romney, Newt, Rudy Guiliani, John McCain... doesn't matter; whomever the party selects is who gets the media attention and wins the primary.

We've been lied to so much that obvious solutions to problems and simple truth seem radical.... Ron Paul is a victim of that fact. He is anti-establishment and therefore will never garner the support he needs to be heard by the masses.

Top Bottom