• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    All it takes for ANY candidate to be competitive (relatively competitive anyways) is to have the support of the media.

Mitt Romney, Newt, Rudy Guiliani, John McCain... doesn't matter; whomever the party selects is who gets the media attention and wins the primary.

We've been lied to so much that obvious solutions to problems and simple truth seem radical.... Ron Paul is a victim of that fact. He is anti-establishment and therefore will never garner the support he needs to be heard by the masses.

I don't disagree. Unfortunately he Mourdock's himself enough to give reasons for the establishment to discount and dismiss what he says.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    He does sometimes... I won't dispute that.

I think however, if the establishment didn't dismiss him and twist his words and the media didn't paint him crazy, that his message would be a powerful draw.

A lot of people are fed up with the system for one reason or another, but not everyone is into politics. I think if they were exposed to him enough, they would get behind his message.

How many times have we heard "they are all out to screw us"... "they are all corrupt and greedy... all they care about is themselves"?

I hear comments like that from all kinds of different people from all different types of backgrounds and races. IMO Ron Paul is a slim minority (whether you agree with him or not) that actually seems to genuinely put the best interest of the country ahead of all else.

I think with the right exposure... a Ron Paul type could unite this country (most of it anyway). He is the only politician that is willing to confirm to the people what they already suspect... that they are getting racked over the coals to a corrupt system.

I think a lot of the non-politicals would gravitate towards him instantly! (with the right exposure)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    He does sometimes... I won't dispute that.

I think however, if the establishment didn't dismiss him and twist his words and the media didn't paint him crazy, that his message would be a powerful draw.

A lot of people are fed up with the system for one reason or another, but not everyone is into politics. I think if they were exposed to him enough, they would get behind his message.

How many times have we heard "they are all out to screw us"... "they are all corrupt and greedy... all they care about is themselves"?

I hear comments like that from all kinds of different people from all different types of backgrounds and races. IMO Ron Paul is a slim minority (whether you agree with him or not) that actually seems to genuinely put the best interest of the country ahead of all else.

I think with the right exposure... a Ron Paul type could unite this country (most of it anyway). He is the only politician that is willing to confirm to the people what they already suspect... that they are getting racked over the coals to a corrupt system.

I think a lot of the non-politicals would gravitate towards him instantly! (with the right exposure)

I know. Life's not fair. It's tough to get your message out there and get people to notice. Truth of the matter is, he's only been marginally effective in his efforts...for whatever reason(s).

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I know. Life's not fair. It's tough to get your message out there and get people to notice. Truth of the matter is, he's only been marginally effective in his efforts...for whatever reason(s).

I think the reasons are because the media on the right and left did everything they could to make him look and sound like a kook because he was not Center/Right and actually showed some respect for the Constitution. We know that simply cannot be allowed in todays society.

:popcorn:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I think the reasons are because the media on the right and left did everything they could to make him look and sound like a kook because he was not Center/Right and actually showed some respect for the Constitution. We know that simply cannot be allowed in todays society.

Its interesting to think that ideas like cutting spending, eliminating bull**** taxes and ending foreign aid have become so radical

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

If it were only that simple. Paul didn't need any help in that arena. He has a history of poor word choice/sentence syntax. Paul came off as a kook because he spoke like one. That and he consistently failed to provide adequate explanations in layman's terms so that those who didn't already understand the topic could see why he took the position he did. It's why it was so easy to twist his words. Paul sux at communication.

Paul was like the Christian who uses the Bible to defend a piece of legislation. It doesn't resonate with people who don't follow the Bible. If you can't make it personal--and Paul never did--you won't win the converts. And he didn't.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I'm not disputing that. But he made it very easy.

88GT said it better than I.

Top Bottom