• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm cleaning my gutters tomorrow, so I'll be up walking around the roof. I'll try and remember to report back about any Roof Koreans that I find while I'm up there.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    But...but...those girls aren't on the roof. We NEED rood Koreans by golly!

I'm cleaning my gutters tomorrow, so I'll be up walking around the roof. I'll try and remember to report back about any Roof Koreans that I find while I'm up there.

I'm going to have a bowl of noodles with copious amounts of kimchi in a minute to try to draw them out.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I guess I could lend out a few of my cousins if'n you're in the market. They'll drink drink all your beer and make barbecue out of any meat including the dog...so hide Fido.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Real simple.
    Looters should be shot.
    It stops that one from looting again ( and any other criminal activity ) and may serve as a warning to others ( find a more positive hobby ).
    If it doesnt do the latter, keep shooting.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Real simple.
    Looters should be shot.
    It stops that one from looting again ( and any other criminal activity ) and may serve as a warning to others ( find a more positive hobby ).
    If it doesnt do the latter, keep shooting.
    Exactly

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    This ain't Mr. Rogers' neighborhood. No one breaking into someone's house/business rioting, looting, burgling, whatever, has the right to claim that their existence should be more valuable than my possessions or their desire to remove them from me.

Is life more valuable than "things"? Of course. Don't try to twist it into a moral argument that the choice an individual makes about what to do with their life is more important than "things".

So if I am confronted by someone willing to do harm to or steal my property I should just allow it? This always gets me riled. I do not wish to do any troll feeding. I am not blood thirsty. I believe in equality, peace and justice. The scale of equality becomes unbalanced as soon as someone decides to inflict their worldly desires upon my existence. I am not the one who chose to do the unbalancing. If someone intends to commit wrong to me, I have the God given right to respond to that person in whatever measured way I see fit. My judge will be in heaven.

It might be nice if everyone in the world adopted a pacifist/non-violent universal love for everyone, but John Lennon's imagined world hasn't come to pass and Fred Rogers (despite being a wonderful person, kind and gentle soul) was perhaps misguided in trying to teach children that everyone is special and deserves unconditional love and respect. It might be nice, but it is a very erroneous thing to expect.

Unfortunately, universal peace and respect is not reality. It is not the world we live in and it is a disservice to anyone who has ever fought for or defended the ideals of personal freedoms and liberty to use twisted logic and skewed moralistic reasoning to deprive someone of their ability/right to defend themselves or their property.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This ain't Mr. Rogers' neighborhood. No one breaking into someone's house/business rioting, looting, burgling, whatever, has the right to claim that their existence should be more valuable than my possessions or their desire to remove them from me.

Is life more valuable than "things"? Of course. Don't try to twist it into a moral argument that the choice an individual makes about what to do with their life is more important than "things".

So if I am confronted by someone willing to do harm to or steal my property I should just allow it? This always gets me riled. I do not wish to do any troll feeding. I am not blood thirsty. I believe in equality, peace and justice. The scale of equality becomes unbalanced as soon as someone decides to inflict their worldly desires upon my existence. I am not the one who chose to do the unbalancing. If someone intends to commit wrong to me, I have the God given right to respond to that person in whatever measured way I see fit. My judge will be in heaven.

It might be nice if everyone in the world adopted a pacifist/non-violent universal love for everyone, but John Lennon's imagined world hasn't come to pass and Fred Rogers (despite being a wonderful person, kind and gentle soul) was perhaps misguided in trying to teach children that everyone is special and deserves unconditional love and respect. It might be nice, but it is a very erroneous thing to expect.

Unfortunately, universal peace and respect is not reality. It is not the world we live in and it is a disservice to anyone who has ever fought for or defended the ideals of personal freedoms and liberty to use twisted logic and skewed moralistic reasoning to deprive someone of their ability/right to defend themselves or their property.

Well said, and practical as well.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Rumors being rumors; the wife heard one at her work the other day that the "protestors" were heading out to more rural areas for the next nights [STRIKE]thievery, vandalism, destruction[/STRIKE] protesting. Her response was that it probably wouldn't be a very good idea to come into our area as it likely wouldn't turn out as the [STRIKE]rioters[/STRIKE] protesters would hope. One of the enlightened individuals in the group couldn't believe that she would advocate defending oneself from [STRIKE]rioters[/STRIKE] protesters in such fashion.:n00b:

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Rumors being rumors; the wife heard one at her work the other day that the "protestors" were heading out to more rural areas for the next nights [STRIKE]thievery, vandalism, destruction[/STRIKE] protesting. Her response was that it probably wouldn't be a very good idea to come into our area as it likely wouldn't turn out as the [STRIKE]rioters[/STRIKE] protesters would hope. One of the enlightened individuals in the group couldn't believe that she would advocate defending oneself from [STRIKE]rioters[/STRIKE] protesters in such fashion.:n00b:

One of the bigger, wider scoped definitions of "The New Normal" I fear.

Surrender, in the name of peace, to the pillaging hordes!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Little Village Neighbors Stand Guard At Street Corners: ‘They Don’t Want Anyone Looting Or Tearing Their Community Apart’
    https://blockclubchicago.org/2020/05/31/little-village-residents-stand-guard-at-street-corners-they-dont-want-anyone-looting-or-tearing-their-community-apart/

IMG_4327.jpeg

Top Bottom