-Apink-Only-One-MV-korea-girls-group-a-pink-39917800-540-302.png

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Ah, the little white dress and combat boots fad.

They are channeling River Tam.

RoGrrr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Looks like at least one alleged looter has been shot so far.

My biggest GRIPE is the overuse of that word ALLEGED.
    ONLY when they get into the court of law are they considered alleged. When you see them committing a crime, they are the perpetrator and they are guilty of committing it.
    I wish that word had never been invented.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    This is a moral disagreement we have. I don't believe that killing to protect property is a moral act. You do. It was unhelpful for me to claim that you lust for blood, but I do reject your moral code as invalid.

Property is the result of the work another human turned into savings then possessions.

As such it is the work of others that the looters steal and destroy. If you allow others to steal and destroy work that is no different than allowing slavery.

Typical Communist dogma you are spouting.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Usually...at least in the recent past...we live in an over-all rich society where transgressions against property were small enough and infrequent enough to be dealt with with via insurance and follow-up investigations and (maybe) arrests and trial. Thus we come to believe "it's not worth a life" if someone runs off with your lawn mower that you can replace from Home Depot the same day or the $$ out of the till that can be covered in insurance and expected business losses, because of the overall wealth of the society. This same societal wealth allows is to erect an elaborate "justice" system to deal with exceptional transgressions..

This paradigm starts falling apart in poorer neighborhoods and smaller business, where such transgressions start becoming a bigger percentage of the home or business wealth, and where it is difficult to afford insurance, or maybe impossible to get it the transgressions have stopped becoming "exceptional."

It completely fails in a riot with mass lootings and burnings. Even big corporations have trouble with the hits, especially if in multiple locations, and may not rebuild in the same locations. They will usually survive because they are big enough and diversified enough geographically to do so. But middle and lower class homes and businesses -- smaller businesses -- take hits of nearly all, if not all, of their property -- their accumulated wealth, as "Hatin since 87" correctly put it, and insurance if one has it cannot replace the whole business (or home) -- it provides some money for previously agreed values, but it rarely will actually replace everything physicals that was there, and it certainly cannot replace the customer base, the relationships with customers and suppliers (especially if they were looted and burned out too), the agony and fear generated by losing your business or personal possessions. Talk to some one whose house has burned down from just an accident: even if they had replacement cost insurance, you will find out they never came close to replacing everything, and the psychological effect is profound. That become exponentially true with a riot. And very few, if any, of the perpetrators will ever even be arrested, never mind punished.

You cannot let half the paradigm fail by allowing rioters and looter free reign, likely never to be brought to account) and yet apply it to the people they are transgressing against. THAT is profoundly immoral.

Rioters/Looters should be repelled with force, at the cost of their lives if necessary. Not allowed to satiate their uncivilized urges at the expense of the productive people who invested their very lives in building something.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    All you have to feed your family, is one loaf of bread. It has to last a week. It is all you have.

Now tell me that it is wrong to kill to protect that "property".

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    All you have to feed your family, is one loaf of bread. It has to last a week. It is all you have.

Now tell me that it is wrong to kill to protect that "property".

Not a damn thing is wrong with that. It's a deity ordained right no matter what amount of "property" is involved. Other folks have no right to the things they didn't work to get.

Top Bottom