• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I have a good wife in that respect. She is not really into the gun stuff half the time if I buy something or make a trade, she isn't really that interested.
    The Bad....she doesn't share my hobbie...The good she doesn't know if I had a gun for 10 years or 10 minutes.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Yeah, but it won't last. Soon she'll be whining about how you're destroying her feet. You bad person, you.
    And don't get me started about wifey and guns. YESTERDAY she comes home and says "Didja see my pretty new wetsuit?" and I said "Yeah! It's really nice! Didja see my pretty new grips?" and got to hear about it for the next four hours. Sorta sucked all the fun out of THAT one.

shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    I have a real sweetie...she likes to shoot and has told me several times that we need another pistol. Best part, I pick it out and she just has to put her seal of approval on. As long as it fits her hand and feels balanced, she'll sign onto anything.

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    My mom was right when she told me to get all my toys before I got married. Now when I actually ask if I can get a new gun I get the "Do you need it?" from my wife. With two young daughters and plenty of toys that usually gets the purchase put on hold for a while. I have learned a little over the past five years and have a separate "acct". in the gun safe. Have had to use the "its not mine, I'm just borrowing it from ____" excuse though like someone else mentioned:)

usaguy2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Haha Good story man, I can imagine his feeling when he turned around to see his wife standing there. I always tell my fiance, these guns i buy are all gonna be passed down to my son, and i want him to have nice things. (which is pretty much true).. And also as one other guy mentioned, i had to buy my fiance a gun as well, but i am glad she likes shooting. Though her gun of choice is the .22 LR... Bought her a nice Marlin Semi Auto..

We just got back from a weekend vacation to cedar point, i told her if im cool with going and spending all the money on the hotels and amusement parks for her entertainment, then next month when i get paid she has to be cool with me getting my AR 15 i want lol.. She agreed :)

L-W-R-C

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Willow Branch
    I told my wife that the G17 I bought was "free"! "The police officers wanted to arm law abiding citizens that live in stressed areas" = Green light

Then came the G30SF I traded my used Ruger P90 payed extra... Told the wife it was a "straight" trade because I traded a metal gun for a plastic one... = Fail, I left the receipt on my dash.

If you ever want some fancy new part tell her it's a recall and this is what the company issued in recall!

I love my wife, but I can't stand hearing I waste money when I pay all the bills and put the turkey bacon on the table!

+1 for turkey bacon :yesway:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I can't imagine having to hide purchases from my wife, or lie to her about them. That would be an extreme irritant to me.

Heck, I got a new gun last night. Cathy came into the store while I was working and helped pick it out, then when I got stuck working overtime handled the sale of my old gun for me so I could get the new one.

Beats the boogers out of having to cringe in fear that she'll find out about my guns. Maybe it helps that she has more than me :D

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Right there with you on that Joe. I'm not a marriage counselor nor am I criticizing anyone, but I just couldn't live like that. I'd rather my wife and I be able to trust each other not to do things that may cause a problem. I may be the "boss" in my family, but if I'm getting ready to do something stupid, I want and expect my wife to say something about it. :twocents:

WLW

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Right there with you on that Joe. I'm not a marriage counselor nor am I criticizing anyone, but I just couldn't live like that. I'd rather my wife and I be able to trust each other not to do things that may cause a problem. I may be the "boss" in my family, but if I'm getting ready to do something stupid, I want and expect my wife to say something about it. :twocents:

I think that is admirable of you two to live that way. We try too and my wife does know when I get a gun, I just sometimes don't talk to her about it in advance (as I indicated in an earlier post). I do get questioned a lot about "why another?" and frankly that is a good question to pose. It makes me think hard and not compulsively buy a gun and I usually end up buying quality guns, not a quantity of guns that I'll end up getting rid of...

Good post!

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Guns and Guitars do not bother my wife any more. Last year she got me a very large gun safe for Christmas because she was worried I had far too much temptation laying around in drawers and closets.

If you buy quality stuff it is really an investment and you can always trade guns for food when the money goes bad.

MacMan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    yep, a buddy of mine, we have a lil "agreement". If our wives ask who's gun it is its the other buddys' gun!!! Just borrowing it to see if I like it kinda thing!! Works out pretty good!!
    Yes Sir. That's what my brother and I tell our wives.:):

Top Bottom