• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Wow, he's got some goodies in that video. A revolver can't fire unless the trigger is all the way to the back and is drop safe? Depends. I *think* he's got a Police Positive there, but I'm not a Colt expert. If it is, it would have the "positive lock" and should be drop safe, but saying all revolvers are is simply untrue.
    I want that 19 minutes of my life back. I should have bailed at "Glocks aren't safe to carry chambered".

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I want that 19 minutes of my life back. I should have bailed at "Glocks aren't safe to carry chambered".

You are more patient than I am. I didn't make it through the whole thing. When he went into the tangent about how Colts and S&Ws are "backwards" in how the cylinder latch works and which way it rotates I was done.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Lol. I tried to rep you, but I need to spread it around. :runaway:

No one is infallible, myself included. I only ask that a reasonable effort be made to type intelligently.
    grinning-smiley-003.gif

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Go with your gut. If you feel more comfortable without a round in the chamber, carry that way until you feel differently. Don't let anyone convince you to do something that you are not comfortable with. You are not less of a man by carrying with the chamber empty. The whole of IDF and many security services do it the same way.
    Do what you're ready to do. Having said that, the empty chamber carry in the IDF is situational. Empty chamber is the norm UNLESS they're in an area where they might expect to 'make contact': combat, border patrol etc. Likewise, open-bolt weapons are NOT carry cocked. Pistols are usually carried w/empty chamber on the premise that they're not offensive weapons that you'd carry while looking for a fight. Keep in mind that their tactical situation could be very different.

Top Bottom