• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    There is only one way to carry your firearm. If you're doing it any other way you're doing it wrong.

[video=youtube;8pU2IOTEZlU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pU2IOTEZlU[/video]

Newhoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    Kouts
    I understand your concerns about having a round chambered. I'm a huge 1911 fan and never liked the fact that I had a round under a cocked and locked hammer. I went thru the whole empty chamber , didnt feel prepaired to having a thumb break between hammer and pin, too much fiddling around and snag hazzard. I finnaly ended up with a para LDA just to make me feel safer. The odds of ever having to draw and stop an idiot are rair but what ever you choose ,carry. Avoid bad situations, and most of all try to see it comming.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Not to mention, what if you need to grab a child with your weak arm to pull them out harms way. How will you rack the slide with one hand? Or perhaps one of your arms gets shot and immobilized before you can draw. Too many variables. Carry how you wish, but I recommend one in the chamber.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    There is only one way to carry your firearm. If you're doing it any other way you're doing it wrong.

[video=youtube;8pU2IOTEZlU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pU2IOTEZlU[/video]

That does seem safer. I wonder how I can accomplish the same thing with a revolver. Maybe tack weld the hammer in place and carry a file?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Not to mention, what if you need to grab a child with your weak arm to pull them out harms way. How will you rack the slide with one hand? Or perhaps one of your arms gets shot and immobilized before you can draw. Too many variables. Carry how you wish, but I recommend one in the chamber.
    You need some training in "One Handed Pistol Manipulations". With practice it's pretty easy to rack the slide by catching the rear sight on a pocket or belt. One handed loading, reloading, and malfunction clearing are skills you should have even with one in the chamber.
    And who invented the phrase "not to mention"? It makes no sense!
    It is synonymous with the phrase "it goes without saying", as in something that should be so obvious that it doesn't need mentioning. (Though it usually is anyway)

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    It is synonymous with the phrase "it goes without saying", as in something that should be so obvious that it doesn't need mentioning. (Though it usually is anyway)

I will not mention the associated rhetorical figures of apophasis, which mentions something by asserting that the speaker will not mention it; paralipsis, also known as praeteritio, which is a similar idea often associated with ad hominem attacks; and proslepsis, which is an extreme form of paralipsis that gives full detail about the thing that the speaker claims not to mention.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I don't carry, no LTCH (yet). But my .45 is within arms reach when I'm in bed or when I'm at my desk (at home, where I work). 8+1, and I keep that +1 in there always. Safety on, just because, but I can flip that singlehandedly with my thumb and squeeze the trigger. Will go bang.

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    do not be intimidating by the location of a round in the chamber.. its not a snake that is ready to 'bit' at a seconds notice. its just a tool. be confident

Faiden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Always one in the chamber. If I draw my weapon, it is because I truly believe I am seconds away from being killed. Racking the slide requires two hands and 1 - 2 seconds. I can't guarantee that I'll have that either of those when I need the weapon the most.

Top Bottom