• Do you like Roundabouts

• Total voters

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    They work great IF you know how to use them. Problem is, half the drivers out there can't seem to figure them out. I drive through two of them every day going to work. One of them is two lanes. Saw a lady going the wrong way the other day. Sheesh. :rolleyes: IT'S NOT LIKE THERE AREN'T ENOUGH SIGNS PEOPLE!!!

Merrixs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    North West
    I like the one that goes through Salem. I do think they flow better when they are bigger. I think the ones that are being built in Northern Indiana are to small.

Ragenarok007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Mooresville
    I hated it when Carmel started putting them in. I mean, used properly they can be great but tearing up practically every single intersection in town to see how many you can put in before someone stops you is not the best idea. I worked in Carmel in '06 when this was going on... for a security company that responded to the alarms of various area businesses. Let me tell you, roundabouts during rush hour are not an improvement when they are filled up with people backed up from the lights on Meridian. And I didn't appreciate having so many intersections torn up at once closing down so many routes. I can only imagine how frustrating it was for the police. I don't know how they are working out now since I don't go up there anymore.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I live on the soutside of Indy and work on the northside so are pretty used to them by now. I do enjoy them "though voted for bacon". The roundabouts they have built here on the southside are horrible because people stop and havent a clue what do. I always get so mad at the one they built at the greenwood mall because of some people.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Roundabouts are great... when people know how to use them.

Indiana drivers aren't much better than those in ILL, so that's why roundabouts here aren't as effective as they could be.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Looks like Columbus Can't handle thiers they are setting up bypass lanes in November.

Back to my original statement, Traffic is stupid they can't handle it 2 ways. do stops or Rabout's

you cannot mix them

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    I like roundabouts except the one just off the interstate,some people getting off the interstate have evidently never seen one and will stop and try to figure out how to get in or they get in the roundabout and stop to let someone else in.

Top Bottom