• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BuickGS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2015
    Winamac
    My eForm1 is in and I had my engraving done Sat. Its a 50th Anniversary SS model. At the moment I have a Butler Creek SS side folder. Cant wait to get my stamp and put a 10.5 " ss barrel on it.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have kicked around the idea of SBRing one of my 10/22's for about a year now. For some reason though, I just cannot get over the hump of actually doing it. I have many SBR's in rifle and pistol calibers, so I love the SBRs but cannot justify spending $200 to SBR a 10/22. I have a .22LR suppressor, so I even have a "reason" to do it. Maybe you guys can help convince me?

What are the reasons one would SBR a 10/22?

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    ah...OK....so standard .22LR through a 7.5" barrel would be kept subsonic?

Not really. I just googled this for kicks, and it sounds like you would need to have the barrel around 5" to keep most rounds subsonic. At 7.5" it's gonna be hit and miss. There are a lot of variables. The shorter the barrel gets, it sounds like you start running into cycling problems. What I just read there was quite a bit of talk about having to polish bolts and receivers.
    Sounds easier to just buy subsonic ammo. :dunno:

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    I bought a Charger ( the original style) to SBR, but never got around to it. Bought a Tactical Innovations SBX barrel and Hogue overmoulded stock instead. I can fit my Huntertown SS Guardian suppressor and it looks/sounds nice. When I use my suppressor, I only use SV ammo. Some Subsonic works, but Standard Veloctiy ammo always cycles the action.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I feel like all this thread is missing is a few pics before I submit another stinkin' form 1!

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Well...INGO...you did it to me again. Form 1 eFiled for my 10/22 takedown. Going to get a takedown bull barrel and chop it down to about 8" and thread it...in about 3-4 months. Just what I needed...another SBR. :ingo:

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Just found a new in box Federal Ordinance underfolder to use when the Charger gets approved. :rockwoot:

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Tooreal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Hi BoilerWes,

That is One of the Best Looking Integrally Suppressed 10/22 SBR's I have Ever seen! Does that take 2 Stamps? 1 for the SBR & a 2nd to have it suppressed, is that correct? I've wanted an integrally suppressed Lever action, and Ruger Mark 3, Browning Buckmark, and Now this just Hit the Top of the List. The Cost of the parts would make it Much More affordable unless 2 Stamps?

What is the actual Length of the Barrel in your 10/22 Breakdown Integrally Suppressed SBR, before the Thompson Machine Baffles, and then the total Overall Length to the Front cap of the Sleeve or part that covers everything and makes it look Exactly like a Factory short Barrel? Last question, is it Accurate at all? Looks like a Regular sized Barrel, so I Guess it's the standard .920" OD Bull barrel and not a 1" OD or another odd size? Man that is Awesome, I'm going to have to start saving up a lot of Rainey Day $$$ for this I can already tell!

Thanks in advance for your Help and time for answering my questions. It's appreciated more than you know...

Top Bottom