ruger_1911tfb-tfb.jpg

The Ruger 1911 Photo Leaked!!!

Jason

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    I wonder if it comes complete with mag disconnect and "LOADED WHEN UP" pop-up loaded chamber indicator. I hope not!

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Wow. Now I have seen everything. Pretty much every gun in Ruger's linup is a bad copy of somebody else's work. This won't be any different.

Sorry, I'm being a negative nancy, I just have a bad taste in my mouth as far as Ruger is concerned.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Ehhh, kinda nervous about the LCP, SR9, type recalls. Also the SP101 .327 issues. I also have, fairly recently, purchased a MKIII. Had to throw a bit of $ and time at making it run well. I've been a Ruger fan but a bit gun shy of them now.

dl1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    southern WI
    Hopefully it doesn't include too much lawyer-ese as imagined by someone else:

ruger1911_prototype.jpg

Full text, since it's really too small to read:

Please read your manual because guns are really dangerous and we don't want anybody to get injured or killed, which you surely will if you don't read your manual. It's important to never load your firearm, fire your firearm, or even look directly at the firearm. Do not stare at your Ruger 1911. Ruger 1911s should not be handled by pregnant women, the elderly, or children. Discontinue use of your Ruger 1911 if you experience dizziness, vertigo, nausea, slurred speech, blindness, sweating, diarrhea, or heart palpitations. Please read your manual.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Wow. Now I have seen everything. Pretty much every gun in Ruger's linup is a bad copy of somebody else's work. This won't be any different.

Sorry, I'm being a negative nancy, I just have a bad taste in my mouth as far as Ruger is concerned.

Hahaha..Ruger. Damned ugly old guns.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    To save everyone time, aggravation, and money, I heard that Ruger is going to include a pre-paid shipping label with the pistols. This is so you can just go ahead and send yours in for the recall.

-J-

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    Woo. It's another 1911. Yaay. From yet another maker. Just what I've always wanted. I'm so excited I'm having heart palpitations over here.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You and Me both! I hope that is true about a Ruger 1911 platform. With Ruger's quality and the 1911 performance history, it would be a gun for the record books.:yesway:

Which Ruger Quality do you speak of?

Recent offerings...

Or historic?

just curious.

-J-

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    Please read your manual because guns are really dangerous and we don't want anybody to get injured or killed, which you surely will if you don't read your manual. It's important to never load your firearm, fire your firearm, or even look directly at the firearm. Do not stare at your Ruger 1911. Ruger 1911s should not be handled by pregnant women, the elderly, or children. Discontinue use of your Ruger 1911 if you experience dizziness, vertigo, nausea, slurred speech, blindness, sweating, diarrhea, or heart palpitations. Please read your manual.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Which Ruger Quality do you speak of?

Recent offerings...

Or historic?

just curious.

-J-

I've been happy with my Ruger firearms. Their single action revolvers are top notch, and I wouldn't trade my GP-100 for any new S&W revolver. I don't need Hillary Hole safeties mucking up my wheelguns. Some "hot" loadings for revolvers even specify "Ruger or Freedom Arms only," due to the strength of the Ruger designs.

I've got a little SP-101 that I'm really happy with as well, and my LCP runs just fine. I've heard nothing but good about the SR-556, and I love my 10/22 rifle. Millions of others also love the 10/22.

I plan to add a 22/45 with threaded barrel soon, and eventually a .45 Vaquero. The Mini-14 is very popular, although older ones were not accurate, the newer ones with recent improvements are said to be very accurate. I'm doing more research, but if the claims of good accuracy are true, I'll be picking up a new 16" Mini-14 as well. Nice handy little carbine.

I do NOT like magazine disconnects or ugly loaded chamber flags, so I'm less than impressed with some of their newer offerings in self defense pistols. Love my LCP, not impressed with the LC9 at all. However, I did have an SR9 that ran very well and was much more ergonomic than any Glock I've ever held. The mag disconnect was removable, which I did immediately. I only sold it because I moved away from pistols with safety levers.

Overall, I think that Rugers are good quality firearms. A new 1911 from them will probably be just fine. Hey, if Taurus can do it, anyone can! :):

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Nice shot about the recall. But I would have to pick one of these up if I see one and have the change.
    Which is very doubtful***

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Since Ruger has always been on the technology forefront, I am surprised to see them make the 1911. In the 50's they came out with a well finished stamped MK1 whose design has surely stood the test of time. They developed the technology for casting that allowed them to make SS revolvers without a screw on side plate. Their Single action designs are far more durable than the old Colts. The Extended frame Super Redhawk is a natural for hunters using scopes. The 10-22 in dozens of flavors are the most popular semi autos out there, and continue to be a fine product. I actually bought one of the first batch of P series pistols (P85), and apart from their funny looking style, were very dependable pistols. At that low price point, any other semi autos of that era were really poor. I have spent 3 and 4 times as much for a pistol as a new ruger cost, and they were better, but that is an unfair comparison. I openly admit I have no personal experience with the new pocket pistols.

I wonder if Ruger will design anything new with the 1911 or leave it to government spec?

Top Bottom