• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I wasn't aware that Kel-Tec had a 1911 in production for Ruger to copy yet. Am I missing something?

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    It really depends on how much Ruger is charging for the 1911 (assuming it isn't a photoshop). If it comes in around $550 I think there will be a pretty big market for it. It would be pretty easy for Ruger to price themselves out of the market though.

I doubt I'll get one. I have other 1911 pistols I would like to get from a more established manufacturer. While Ruger has been good about the recalls their existence is unnecessary.

j. villarreal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm a little excited about this 1911 (depending on the price). Ruger obviously has a lot of competition from current manufacturers, but I think they have been trying to respond to customer demand and evolve as a firearms manufacturer. There have been some hiccups, but I appreciate the fact that they are not resting on their laurels. I hope it has a decent price and I can't wait to fondle one!

Jason

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    I doubt I'll get one. I have other 1911 pistols I would like to get from a more established manufacturer. While Ruger has been good about the recalls their existence is unnecessary.

If "necessity" had anything to do with the gun industry, there would be a whole lot less product to choose from out there. In fact, for those who have grown up with polymer frame pistols, I think you could find more than a few who think that a heavy, low capacity pistol is generally unnecessary, from any manufacturer.

Not sure why new products from American firearms manufacturers are ever "unnecessary." :rolleyes: I'm sure Nancy Pelosi thinks so, though. :):

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Wow. Now I have seen everything. Pretty much every gun in Ruger's linup is a bad copy of somebody else's work. This won't be any different.

Bad copies? Would you be refering to the 2 SR9"s I own with around 1500 rounds thru both with ZERO problems? Or the 10/22 I've owned since the mid '70s that has never failed me? Or my MkIII that has performed flawlessly? Or my 77/44 that so far has proved reliable, and accurate? Or maybe my LCR that I've experienced no problems with?:dunno:

I might just have to look into one of these 1911's IF they are really going to be produced.:yesway:

Sorry about the bad taste in your mouth as far as Ruger is concerned. IMO, if you want to talk about crap firearms ask ME about S&W.:noway: Talk about bad taste.:xmad:

us_agent

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I guess I don't know as much as others but I always thought Ruger made decent guns. Or has this changed over the years?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    It would be cool to take one apart, see if they changed anything or if the factory hammer and sear have nice smooth faces (sides, facets? You know what I mean).

Then again, the slide of a 1911 is a giant space and can hold a LONG warning list with size 2 font.

Jmtbug21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Johnson County
    dont let these others corrupt you. ruger still makes high quality firearms, they are just smith and wesson fanboys who wouldnt know a good gun if it hit them in the face.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    dont let these others corrupt you. ruger still makes high quality firearms, they are just smith and wesson fanboys who wouldnt know a good gun if it hit them in the face.

We'll see who's bragging after the ruger recall.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Bad copies? Would you be refering to the 2 SR9"s I own with around 1500 rounds thru both with ZERO problems? Or the 10/22 I've owned since the mid '70s that has never failed me? Or my MkIII that has performed flawlessly? Or my 77/44 that so far has proved reliable, and accurate? Or maybe my LCR that I've experienced no problems with?:dunno:

I might just have to look into one of these 1911's IF they are really going to be produced.:yesway:

Sorry about the bad taste in your mouth as far as Ruger is concerned. IMO, if you want to talk about crap firearms ask ME about S&W.:noway: Talk about bad taste.:xmad:

I grew up shooting my dad's Rugers, 10/22, P95 (and variations thereof), Security-Six, Single Six, Mini-14, Old Army, only problem we EVER had was Winchester Wildcats through the 10/22, everything else has always shot with no problems, no hiccups, no sweat.
    Never tried any of the new polymer stuff, but the GP revolvers look great, and a Blackhawk is still high on my wishlist.
    Depending on the price, a Ruger 1911 will be up there too.
    Dad loves Ruger, and always wanted a 1911, I can see him getting his paws on one too.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    At least Ruger admits there is a problem AND FIXES THEM.:yesway: :D

As opposed to S&W issuing no recall for a well known defect, and after their CS sends it back it STILL malfunctions like it did when you sent it to them.:xmad:

I've never had a problem with any of the rugers I've ever owned except I had a screw break off on the empty shell ejector on a super blackhawk. The gp100, super redhawk and redhawk all functioned 100%. The only smith I ever owned never had a problem either.

Don't get me wrong I like Ruger guns, especially the old tried and true revolvers, but lets be honest here about how many of their new products lately have needed a recall. I'm glad Ruger fixes them, and they should. All I'm saying is to wait and let other people work the bugs out on the ruger guns first.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Wouldn't trade my sr9c for any other carry piece (except maybe a sr40c) :) . Don't know whats up with all the Ruger bashing.

vader-haters-gonna-hate.gif

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    It's not so much "bashing" as it is "look at their recent history with their pistols".

Two of their newest pistols, the SR9 and the LCP, both had recalls. BOTH OF THEM!

For me personally, I want the LC9 to be a big hit. Don't know that I'll buy one or not, though. I'd need to really examine one and the safety configuration. (Simple blocking of moving parts or a more internally complex piece)

So, based on history, a little fun-poking at Ruger by mentioning recalls before any product is for sale is completely based in recent FACT.

That said: I absolutely loved my GP100. Should never have sold it. And I'm currently on my 2nd 10/22. I've also owned a 50th Anniversary Ruger Mk II .22 pistol and currently have a Mk II 22/45. All the above are FANTASTIC firearms for me.

Don't you DARE call me any kind of "hater" when it comes to Ruger products. Thank you kindly.

-J-

Top Bottom