• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LuckyLeftFoot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2013
    Indianapolis

All good info and I appreciate it. I'm not too concerned about resale value as I intend to eventually pass it down to a future child. I lean towards the blued because I'm not too enamored by shiny guns. Not that there is anything wrong with shiny firearms, I'm just not in love with them. Is there any type of coating that can be applied to a stainless frame to dull the finish? Just wondering of anybody has any experience with that? Thanks!

Lucky

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

All good info and I appreciate it. I'm not too concerned about resale value as I intend to eventually pass it down to a future child. I lean towards the blued because I'm not too enamored by shiny guns. Not that there is anything wrong with shiny firearms, I'm just not in love with them. Is there any type of coating that can be applied to a stainless frame to dull the finish? Just wondering of anybody has any experience with that? Thanks!

Lucky

Ruger offered a mat grey type stainless at one time on the GP 100. It looked sort of neat in a different way (IMHO) but recall one critique was it showed holster wear early on with even light use.

Carmel Corn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Carmel
    I have the 3" stainless. Originally was looking for the 4", but settled on the 3" based on availability at LGS. The 3" is nice for holstering and I like the fixed sight (only intended for short range use anyhow). Having an SP-101 makes it an easy transition.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I picked up a 3 inch GP100 back in January. I do carry it occasionally, it is concealable, DeSantis holster works well. The fixed sights were a concern at first but it is very accurate. My wife likes shooting it, great gun.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Lucky

Ruger's stainless finish is utilitarian to say the least.

I wouldn't call it shiny, no, their blued finish is the shiny one. It's "bright" but not THAT reflective.

I also would recommend the 4" or even the 6" if you can take the weight.

IUprof

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Fort Worth
    I had a 4 inch SS GP100 and sold it to a fellow INGOer. Worst gun sale I've done, I really miss it! I finally bought a 3 inch SP101. My vote is the 4" SS.

Top Bottom