• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Well I just put another 100 rounds threw my three day old ruger lc9 and the rear sight came loose no biggie but then I noticed the the front sight has also came to the right a little bit :( anyone else on here have this problem and also anyway to fix it besides sending it back to ruger?

TVon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Didn't experience that with mine. I did have a problem with the extractor though. Sent it in to Ruger. They fixed it for free and had it back within two weeks. Haven't had any problems since.

dcolip

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Greenwood, IN.
    I bought mine at the 1500 on Sunday and noticed it as soon as I got home. I called Ruger and they e-mailed me the shipping label to send it back to them in Prescott, AZ. They called me when they received it and said it would be up to 3 weeks for me to get it back. I have been looking on the Ruger Forum and see where others have had to do the same.

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    I bought mine at the 1500 on Sunday and noticed it as soon as I got home. I called Ruger and they e-mailed me the shipping label to send it back to them in Prescott, AZ. They called me when they received it and said it would be up to 3 weeks for me to get it back. I have been looking on the Ruger Forum and see where others have had to do the same.

What would their email address be? I'm going to email them and see how and where to ship it to because it has moved enough for me to be able to move it with my fingers.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Where do they ship it back to? The place you bought it or your home address?

Most gun companies send it to your home, you have to have an adult sign for it. Also shipping is usually over night, the one exception that I know of is with S&W, they have a deal with Fedex for 2 day.

Brett

Marksman
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    ECI
    I just got my lc9. I have heard a few instances of the sights coming loose. I am a little bit nervous. I can't wait to shoot mine this weekend.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Mine has been totally fine in over probably 300rnds or so. Its never had any issues, though Ive heard of a few that have. Ruger's customer service is awesome they will take good care of you. This is still a new model so they will be more prone to bugs than say the SR9 or LCP (both went through thier own growing pains but are now great pistols) Im sure if you send it to Ruger they will give it back in 100% condition and make a believer out of you too. Give them the chance to make it right and you will be glad you did.

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Yeah I'm going to call ruger in the morning and let them know what has been going on with it. Also do I have to ship it from a ffl dealer or just my local post office? Also what do I have to send with it?

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    You CAN NOT ship it through the post office, you have to use UPS or FedEx. They will ship it back UPS and if your not home they will leave a note so you can make arrangements to meet them. Post Office is not an option on the return either.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yeah I'm going to call ruger in the morning and let them know what has been going on with it. Also do I have to ship it from a ffl dealer or just my local post office? Also what do I have to send with it?

The gun and one mag along with a brief letter that states your problem. If you call them and tell them your sending it they may give you a customer number or maybe a job code, maybe not. If they do make a note of that in your letter. Otherwise leave everything you would mind loosing out. They will probably e-mail you a UPS call tag. Just print it out and tape it to the box. then take it to a UPS store or I think you can call UPS and schedule a pick up.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    You CAN NOT ship it through the post office, you have to use UPS or FedEx. They will ship it back UPS and if your not home they will leave a note so you can make arrangements to meet them. Post Office is not an option on the return either.

What he said. You cannot have a firearm pass through the post office in anyway shape or form. I found that out a few years ago when I had to send a Springfield 1911 back for warranty repair. I asked FedEx if they could send it to my local postoffice and they said NO! Apparently there is a law against it. You can however have it sent to a local FFL as long as you let them know what is going on and when to expect it.

Top Bottom