• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    I haven't had very many repair issues with Ruger, but the ones I have had were handled quickly, professionally, and to my complete satisfaction. The same can be said for Glock and Springfield Armory.

I cannot say this about SIG-Sauer/Sigarms. Their customer service department seems determined to reduce the customer to a quivering mass of frustrated hate and loathing...

We used to carry SP2340's on our department and one had a broken dust cover behind the trigger. SIG's warranty department refused to replace it--instead it looked like someone had worked it over with a Dremel tool. After weeks of fruitless calls we ended up scrapping the gun and using it for parts.

On another occasion we had hoped to host a SIG armorer's course at our department. Part of the requirements included making a bunch of pin blocks out of scrap 2x4's (one for each registrant), planning for meals, and assisting with making accomodations for all participants. The day before the class was to meet SIG called and said that they had a scheduling conflict and there was no instructor available. They told us we were responsible for notifying all of the registrants and telling them that while their $350.00 tuition could not be refunded, it could be applied to any other SIG school.

Compare this to a Glock armorer school I attended where the scheduled instructor was involved in a traffic accident the day before the class and was hospitalized. Glock flew in a replacement instructor from the main office in Smyrna, GA and the class commenced on time.

Sorry to hijack the thread--I just get really pissed whenever I think about SIG's customer relations. The "relations" SIG has with its customers, in our experience, usually involves bending over...YMMV (at least I hope so). :twocents:

Last edited:

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    My LC9 sight began drifting after probably 350-400 rounds, so I tightened it up. I've only put about 50 rounds through it since then so we'll see.

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    91   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    Wow, glad I found this thread. I was about to buy an LC9 as a warm-weather, lighter-weight stand-in for my Kahr MK40. I think I'll hold off and deal with the extra weight of the Kahr. I don't want a P290 (major issues with light strikes, and difficult to disassemble) or a Nano or Diamondback (just don't like the form factor on those), and I want something that feels high-quality, which excludes Kel-Tec and SCCY...guess another Kahr with a polymer frame is the only good alternative at the moment for me. I never should have sold my PM9...

The weight of the MK40 doesn't bother me now. Maybe it won't in the summer either. It really is a nice little pistol.

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    Don't rule out the Ruger LC9--it's a superb choice for a concealable EDC gun. The few that have had problems are just that, very few. And Ruger is very customer-friendly when it comes to any issues with any of their products. I would not hesitate to invest in any Ruger firearm, and the LC9 is my personal choice of the crop of fine compact 9 mm's now available. :twocents:

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    My LC9 has a pin in the front sight to prevent left or right drift. Back sight has not worked loose. Likely round count exceeding 2000 by now.

Bet if you send it to Ruger they will fix it right away, it is a known prob.

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I just got done putting another 100 rounds through mine. That makes 300 total. I've only had one failure to extract, it was a wwb and the casing never left the barrel. I've used american eagle (dirtiest ammo ever!), Remington, magtech, wwb, hornady all shot great. I did however today have the rear sight come loose. I'm already shooting low and to the left and I don't need any help. :) Otherwise it has been great. I can shoot it all day long. I still can't hit the side of a barn with it (slight exaggeration) but I'll give it a few hundred more rounds before I put a laser on it.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I have one with about 3 to 500 or so rounds through it (mostly S&B). I had 2 FTF the first time out. It was the heavy shipping grease causing light strikes. No FTF’s since the first cleaning. I was cleaning it after the last time out and the rear sight came loose. It looks like a yellow(?) loctite on the hexnut holding the rear sight in place. I centered it, and tightened it up. Mine too has the pin through the front sight. I like it. The trigger takes some getting used to. Really focusing on the front site helps getting through the long pull.

Top Bottom