• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eurobeaner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Picked up the lcp at shelbyville RK. $219 PLUS 12% rebate back through the mail. Had my eye on a ATI AR for $489 also, but didn't get it. 12% off is a deal!

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    From past experience when cresting arrows I know that the fluorescent paint looks better on a white base. So I painted the front sight white first. I looked at it and decided I liked the visibility of the white better than I would with the fluorescent green so I left it white..

29231B11-AD1C-44EE-ADC8-9681578A16A0_zpsc8xjb4yk.jpg

I like the Sticky pocket holster. I like the magazine extension for shooting, but will take it off for carry as it adds more of a hang up pulling from my pocket.

304FE3DC-DEC0-4E9F-88BA-C045CAB0E023_zpsiwvqs74x.jpg

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    From past experience when cresting arrows I know that the fluorescent paint looks better on a white base. So I painted the front sight white first. I looked at it and decided I liked the visibility of the white better than I would with the fluorescent green so I left it white..

View attachment 44566

I like the Sticky pocket holster. I like the magazine extension for shooting, but will take it off for carry as it adds more of a hang up pulling from my pocket.

View attachment 44567

fluorescent is much better over white. Glad you like it. I took the extension base plate off of mine as well and am using the flat plate.

eurobeaner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Hmmmm. I'm betting that's miss marked. The custom is usually closer to $300. At $219 That's the price of the normal one. In the add it says a custom version is available, and it does not say custom in the title... But the pic and the specs at the bottom show a red aluminum trigger.

Somone needs to to jump on that and see what they get. If it's a custom for $219 that is a steal!

Robertpetry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2013
    Folks that is the custom at KY guns. $219-225 with credit card is the current price and has been for a while. I bought one from them last month and picked it up at an FFL in Indy a couple of weeks ago. Great gun and great price. Shipping and order management is slow with KY Guns though.

Jet19912

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2016
    Fishers
    Quick question I am helping my girlfriend shop for her first low budget starter gun. I was looking at the lcp and I was curious about its reliability? Any vouches or horror stories?

st33da

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Greenfield
    Quick question I am helping my girlfriend shop for her first low budget starter gun. I was looking at the lcp and I was curious about its reliability? Any vouches or horror stories?

My mother has a gen 2 LCP and its ok. Nothing special really and not for target shooting but it fits her needs. The LCP is more of a close combat / deep concealment firearm. With that said I just bought the LCP Custom from the KY Gun Company link above for myself. With that said it is a great starter gun to get the person familiar with guns and how to properly handle them but don't expect great accuracy and avoid the 1st gen LCP's at all cost. Also worth noting that the LCP has no thumb safety and has a long Double Action trigger pull.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

Conventional wisdom is that a snub nose revolver fits that bill for many. I like something like a 22 magnum, a bit more affordable to shoot, tolerable recoil, and still a lot better than sticking your tongue out if needed for self defense.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis

I wouldn't recommend an lcp for a 1st gun...I'd highly recommend a Glock 42 if you want to stay with .380. Something a little heavier with more to hold on to = way more controlability.

WarJunky91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2016
    Decatur
    This is awesome. A friend of mine had her Ruger LCP stolen and she has just been devastated as it was the only gun that was "her's", now she can pick a new one up sooner.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Shot it today. Very happy with the accuracy. The little gun does have some SNAP to it. I doubt I'll ever run a thousand through it....

I have found all my LCPs to be very accurate... I'm on my forth since family members tend to acquire them from me.

I always raise an eyebrow when I hear someone refer to the LCP as just a belly-gun, since there is no way a gun that small can be accurate. This opinion flies in the face of what I have always experienced with LCPs... They are indeed very accurate for their size.

This is a 10-yard target done with my rebuilt custom LCP... Not too shabby for a belly-gun.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Shot it today. Very happy with the accuracy. The little gun does have some SNAP to it. I doubt I'll ever run a thousand through it....

These heavier recoil springs really help a bunch with the "snarky" bite that these little guys have.....Robot Check

And if you really want to make them a TON nicer to shoot, put one of these on ....Robot Check

These two simple and cheap mods can really transform the little LCP ....

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    And if you really want to make them a TON nicer to shoot, put one of these on

The grip seems ridiculous to me. It's just going to make the gun fatter and print more in your pocket. The whole point of the gun is it's form factor being so small imo.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    YMMV, but I like it a lot. If you use a fabric pocket holster like a Nemesis it makes the grip just just slightly wider than the holster so you're right... it will print more using that carry style.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    These heavier recoil springs really help a bunch with the "snarky" bite that these little guys have.....Robot Check

And if you really want to make them a TON nicer to shoot, put one of these on ....Robot Check

These two simple and cheap mods can really transform the little LCP ....

Looks very interesting..

Can you post a picture of your LCP with the grips installed?

Also, I have heard that the 13# springs can cause cycling problems?

Thanks...

Top Bottom