• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I have always wanted to fire something like this to see if the recoil is something my wife can handle... a snubby for her would be a good choice, but .38's are just to much.

Has she tried the LCR? The factory rubber grips are more than just rubber grips. They have a gel insert, like the shoe inserts, that make them even softer to shoot. While not optimal, there are some 110 gr reduced recoil .38 loads out there as well, and sometimes "optimal" must be sacrificed for "workable".

I don't know poo about the .327 round. My concern remains that it's a boutique round, which means it will get little attention in specialized projectiles and costs will always be higher. A 9mm revolver may answer many of the same questions, I would think, with a wide variety of quality ammo choices, availability, etc.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I have always wanted to fire something like this to see if the recoil is something my wife can handle... a snubby for her would be a good choice, but .38's are just to much.
    My wife has a Taurus 327, and she likes it a lot. She did not care for the .38s I used to have at all. The Taurus is a hammerless ultra light snub nose, and I put laser grips on it. Sweetie likes it a lot. I live in Terre Haute and work near the Indy airport, and if we could arrange a meet up I would be willing to let your wife shoot my wife's gun.

Here is a photo of Sweetie's gun -

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

I actually have two .327's. My first was a Taurus M327 2" snubbie, the second being the Ruger SP101 4.2" barrel.
    If you ever get up around Lafayette I'd be more than happy to let you shoot both.
    I have plenty of food for them and access to a 25 yard indoor range (public) and a 50 yard outdoor range (private).
    All you need to bring is your shooting skills.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    On paper, the cartridge puts a 100 grain boolit at 1500 fps. ...I know we're areally splitting hairs here but this is a gun forum. That's what we do.

LCR .327 is a 2" barrel (for now). Haven't seen a .327 do 1500 fps out of a 2" barrel. Probably more like 1050 from an LCR.

3" bbls seem to bump it up quite a bit; into 1300-1400 range.

(Just splitting hairs :)).

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The Ruger LCR with adj sights in .22 mag might make a fun trail rig..........if they made it (BTW, the compact grips put on the target model IMHO feel and look better).

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Bringing it back from the dead, almost excactly 3 years later.

I met a lady at my wife's Well Armed Women meeting last night. She has one and wanted to sell it. I told her I was interested and we swapped numbers. So this morning, I put my 642 in the classifides and promptly sold it. (Happens tomorrow). I called the lady and made her an offer. She accepted. I pick it up Monday.

I then searched INGO for any threads on this gun and found this one that I had started.

I'll report back once I get it and put some rounds through it.

Last edited:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Well, I have one (daughter's gun, lives in my safe though). I see my soon to be unfriended IndyGunGuy doesn't like it. :): j/k

This is the gun I started my daughter shooting. You can work your way up from 32 S&W to 32 S&W long to 32 H&R Magnum to 327 Magnum. All in the same gun. She didn't like the 327 Magnum but liked shooting the 32 H&R. The 327 Gold Dot is a handful! The American Eagle 327 is easier to control.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I just found out that the .32acp has enough of a rim to be used in .32 cal revolvers. That makes 5 different cartridges it can shoot.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    While it's an interesting caliber, it really doesn't do anything that the 32-20 hasn't been doing for over 100 years. Lots of revolvers and lever action guns out there chambered for 32-20, there's even an old blues song about the cartridge.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    While it's an interesting caliber, it really doesn't do anything that the 32-20 hasn't been doing for over 100 years. Lots of revolvers and lever action guns out there chambered for 32-20, there's even an old blues song about the cartridge.

But,
    I was able to buy two NEW Henry's for the same price point as one USED .32-20 rifle.

Top Bottom