• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I made a short range trip to try it out this morning. My range had 4 other guys in the pistol pit which is very unusual for a Monday morning.

I set a sheet of paper out at 7 yards. I used the only ammo I had which was Federal American Eagle 85 gr. JSP (1400 FPS advertised). I put 6 shots on the paper and it felt good. Quite a bit less than standard 135 gr in my 642.

When I stepped back, everybody wanted to know what the heck I was shooting was so dang loud. I really couldn't tell a difference because I hadn't shot anything before hand.

I fired all but 6 of my box of 50. It was a little snappy but very controllable. I'm happy.

I'll be buying some more ammo soon and I'll report back when I do.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    He didn't buy a 32-20 Henry. He bought the .327 Henry, which matches up nicely to the Ruger GP100 or SP101 in 327. Or the Ruger Single Seven, if you want single action. I have all of these in .327 except the Single Seven, which I plan on getting. The .327 is an awesome round, especially if you don't like heavy recoil, which I don't.

Good point. Now you need a 32-20 revolver, Smith or Colt?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I found a few different kinds of ammo locally today. Some real light wad-cutters and LRN and a box of hot Buffalo Bore. Now to find time to try them out.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I was able to put sime more rounds through the LCR yesterday. The .32 S&W stuff is like rimfire. Very little recoil and just plain fun to shoot. The Buffalo Bore is a different story. It's still fun to shoot and it doesn't hurt my hand at all, probably due to the grips on the LCR. Recoil is stout but still controllable. I could do double taps while keeping all shots on the 10×18 steel plate at 7 yards. They are also VERY loud. I loaded two .32 S&W wad-cutters followed by two .327's. It was snap, snap, kaboom, kaboom.

I forgot I still had some of the American Eagle 85 gr .327 left. I wanted to compare them to the Buffalo Bore. The B.B. seems to have a little more recoil, as it should though.

I'll be giving it it's first thorough cleaning today.

So far, I'm happy. Now I just have to start reloading.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I'll bet the Gold Dot is similar to the BB.

32 S&W is about like an airgun. :): 32 S&W Long has a little more umph.

If you want something very comfortable but with enough power to use for self defense, look for some 32 H&R Magnum.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'll bet the Gold Dot is similar to the BB.

32 S&W is about like an airgun. :): 32 S&W Long has a little more umph.

If you want something very comfortable but with enough power to use for self defense, look for some 32 H&R Magnum.

Probably right on the Gold Dot. But I found the B.B. on the shelf at a local shop. When I do order online, I'll get some. I wish they still made the 115 gr Gold Dots. I'll content with the B.B. for SD. It's about the same as my 642 with 38 +p's.

I did see that Double Tap has a 75 gr Barnes TAC-XP bullet loaded for the .327. It's an all copper bullet.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I'm really feeling warm and fuzzy with my SP101 in 3" and the GP100 in 4", and the Henry carbine. Don't want to be anywhere near the exit of those projectiles. As Elvis would say, "Thank you very much"

AlVine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Owen Co.
    But is it really worth switching to an obscure caliber for one more shot out of your little revolver?

Want a small six shooter? Find a Colt Detective Special. Small, 6 shots, 38 special.

It also shoots .32 S&W, .32 S&W Long, .32 H&R mag, and .32 ACP. Ruger doesn’t advise shooting .32 ACPs in it, but they do work.
    Plus, six 130 gr hard cast Keith bullets at 1400 fps for 567 ft lbs energy ain’t bad.

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Does anyone have any leads on 327 gel tests out of the LCR snubby?

I'm interested in buying one, but I feel like the Gold Dot is the only option. I saw a video of the owner of DoubleTap testing his load, but it wasn't with a clothing barrier and I didn't believe the velocity he stated.

Top Bottom