• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Mine appears to be OK. No issues at all. It is the best of my 22 pistols too.

The slide "release" is something I tend to hard one too. I never use it as a "release" as all that does is wear the notch and release out.
    I always put the new magazine in then pull the slide back and let it go. It's how I was taught and has always served me well.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana

While we sincerely regret the need to issue this recall, our motto is, and has been for many years, "Arms Makers for Responsible Citizens®." We are firmly committed to safety and appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Thank you,

Ruger Customer Service

"We sincerely regret the need to issue this recall..."

Uh huh. Sure.

Just how many recalls has Ruger had in the last 10 years or so?

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Yeah... I was a little disappointed in some of the responses. Someone had stated correctly, "I don't care what you do, the gun shouldn't go BANG when the saftey is disengaged". That's pretty simple logic.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I will not feel bad about asking for proof of some wrong in the other thread, too many false stories out there. As far as recalls go, no matter how much testing is done it is hard to predict everything that could wrong. And unlike some companies who cover up and deny for years Ruger tries to fix it soon as possible. I will not hesitate to keep buying Rugers,

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    For anyone who signed up for the recall, did you receive a confirming email or just the note on the webpage that said you were set up for a return when Ruger was ready?

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    hey for those who are perturbed by this recall.......... just think......... you could have bought some POS from the current Remington........

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Well, I still love mine. I checked and mine doesn't have the problem that the recall says so mine is fine. Mine shoot great and I love how easily it tears down for cleaning. Put some new, nice wood grips on it and I love it. I do hope Ruger gets things worked out. I think the trouble has to do with trying to make so many new handguns while failing to make enough of the many rifles they have. Would be nice to see a new long gun as I think they should have stood pat with what they were making as far as handguns.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Mine shoots great suppressed. Everything I've tried has run 100% and stayed subsonic through the 4.4" barrel (even HV). I did get the email the next day (thanks, snuffy33) and I'll send it in despite it seems fine. Thinking of putting a Dawson front or a set of Williams FireSights on it. Any others I should look at?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    UPDATE: Just got another email.

"Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,
    You signed up for the Mark IV™ recall several weeks ago, and we wanted to update you on the status. We now have parts in stock and have started shipping boxes to customers like you. You were among the first Mark IV™ owners to sign up for the recall, so you will be among the first to receive your box and shipping instructions. If you have not already received a package from Ruger containing your box and shipping instructions, you can expect to receive one soon. When you do, simply follow the shipping instructions and send us your grip frame assembly. We will make every effort to return your grip frame assembly within one week of receiving it from you.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this process.
    Very Truly Yours,
    Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc."

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    UPDATE: Just got another email.

"Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,
    You signed up for the Mark IV™ recall several weeks ago, and we wanted to update you on the status. We now have parts in stock and have started shipping boxes to customers like you. You were among the first Mark IV™ owners to sign up for the recall, so you will be among the first to receive your box and shipping instructions. If you have not already received a package from Ruger containing your box and shipping instructions, you can expect to receive one soon. When you do, simply follow the shipping instructions and send us your grip frame assembly. We will make every effort to return your grip frame assembly within one week of receiving it from you.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this process.
    Very Truly Yours,
    Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc."

From looking at information on another forum a few people have received boxes which come with the wrong kind of postage or less than what it is supposed to be. Your best bet all around might be to take the box to the post office instead of just leaving in your mailbox to confirm everything is correct. I would probably do this anyway not that I live in a high crime area but it certainly couldn't hurt to ask the good folks at the post office if the postage is correct anyway.

By the way I just purchased a Mark IV from Buds the other day and should be picking it up from my local FFL later today, Based on a review on their website and the fact very little are currently available my guess is that I will have to send it to Ruger and get my free magazine.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    The bad news - No extra free magazine for me.

The good news - I received my new Mark IV Hunter today and it already has the safety fix applied. Frankly I was willing to deal with it either way but I'd rather not have to return it to Ruger and now all I have to worry about is when I'll be able to get out to the range. Actually I plan on going to the range tomorrow weather permitting.

She's a beauty and it looks like it'll be a keeper.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    The bad news - No extra free magazine for me.

The good news - I received my new Mark IV Hunter today and it already has the safety fix applied. Frankly I was willing to deal with it either way but I'd rather not have to return it to Ruger and now all I have to worry about is when I'll be able to get out to the range. Actually I plan on going to the range tomorrow weather permitting.

She's a beauty and it looks like it'll be a keeper.

Does your serial number start with a four or a five?

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Does your serial number start with a four or a five?

Its a four, but it has the S in the white dot and when I input the serial number on the website the response came back that it was fixed. When I picked it up I initially checked the serial number and I noticed the S. I remembered seeing that when they were fixed you would see an S but when I got home I made sure to verify everything on their website just to make sure.

Top Bottom