• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I wonder if Ruger is expediting the repair process for guns already in distribution...

Based on what I've seen from other forums and some gun sites such as Gun Broker and Cabelas Ruger may have some intention of doing them in some neat orderly fashion but overall they are more focused on getting as many done as humanly possible.

When I placed my original gun on layaway my local LGS had a few different models on hand. They currently have one model just as of a few days ago. Based on the advertisement it's at least trwo guns possibly more. It hadn't been there for a few weeks because everything was taken off line at the time of the recall. Gun Broker as of a few days had a few models online but only one which was advertised it as being fixed. As far as I know the few others that were there could have been. Buds didn't advertise theirs as being fixed but mine was. In fact if you check out Buds there is one guy who received his on the 22nd of June and it wasn't fixed. This was after the recall and it's actually somewhat surprising that they sold it. My local LGS said that because of safety they couldn't sell me the one I had on layaway.

Anyway from looking at other forums it appears some who had received their email after others have received their guns first. So it appears as owners as well as retailers are receiving some that are fixed but there isn't a huge supply yet and it's not necessarily first in first out. They maybe working on getting it more exact and they may have good intentions but it sounds like the major concern is getting as many done as humanly possible.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Gun manufacturers are liable for defective products. They are not liable for the actions of individuals who commit crimes or act negligently with their products.

Makes sense, thanks. I just wasn't sure what kind if any liability they have.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    How long from signing up for the recall to getting your notification and package? I haven't heard a peep, but then again, I was late to the party... Thanks!

On another forum there was a person who waited o month after he registered and yet still had not received anything. He called Rutgers customer support and as it turns out they had no record that he had registered. After taking down his information they told him it would be 4 to 6 days to get his box.

So if it's been awhile and you haven't heard anything you may to give them a call.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Got a call this morning from Ruger. They wanted to know if I had any questions on the return process I received in the mail or if I had not received my mailing yet. I informed them that I had never seen the mailing and didn't even know what it looks like. So he confirmed all my shipping information and is sending one out via USPS. If I don't receive it in seven days I'm supposed to give them a call back.

Sounds like they are getting caught up.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    And I just got an email about my prepaid package:

Dear Ruger Customer:
    You will soon receive a prepaid package with label. Please fill out the form below and return it with your package.

If you have any questions, please contact our service department directly at:

Prescott, AZ – 928-541-8892 option 5 then option 3

Thank you,
    Customer Service Team

Serial number: ________________________ RMA/Reference#_______________________ Phone Number:___________________
    Name: _________________________________ Email Address:________________________
    Address: ____________________________________________________________________
    City: ___________________________ State: ___________ Zip: _______________________
    Description of Problem: ________________________________________________________
    ____________________________________________________________________________

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    After 2 phone calls from AZ (where the USPS lost all packages of return information shipped out from Ruger on one specific day a week ago :rolleyes:), my package arrived yesterday. The instructions are pretty self explanatory and this link to a video is provided: https://ruger.com/dataProcess/markIVRecall/index.php?r=y . I sealed up the box (not forgetting the printout from the previous post, which was not mentioned in the leaflet). I would recommend using your own packing tape. Their's provided did not adhere as well as I would have liked, so I removed it and used my own. Now, out to the mailbox and play the waiting game.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I got home today and the frame was in the bill box. Reassembled and back in the safe after a function check. I will say the new safety lever is a lot more positive.

Top Bottom