• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have been trying to decide for a few weeks which compact to get in 9mm. It is going to be used for occasional carry, IDPA, some steel shooting,Plinking etc. You really need a couple of guns to do it all. First for me has to be comfort and feel. Then would be Reliability. I wanted a gun with a safety also. I was going to get a Glock 19. Feel-to me terrible-no Ext. Safety. The Compact XDM seems top heavy, Full Size I like alot. M&P was a close purchase, but the trigger I did not like, Nice gun though. I wanted a 9mm because of cost of shooting. I ended up buying the Ruger SR9c. I will give a full range report after I go shoot it this weekend. I cleaned all the factory gunk out and painted the sight like I do all my guns so it is ready for the range. I really wanted to like the Glock G26 that I Had but never could get along with it. The thing just never felt good in the hand. All guns seemed to be compared to a Glock. If this thing has the reliability as the other compacts then it will be a big winner for me. The SR9c feels the best out of all of them and looks better than them all. Best of all they are 100% American made. Jim

SR9c-1.jpg

SR9c-1.jpg

Last edited:

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    The sr9c is on my short list. It's a very nice looking gun. My father in law just bought one , I'm interested in seeing how it shoots.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I bought one a while back, but I never enjoyed carrying it as much as my 1911. I ended up trading it off a couple months ago for an 870 wingmaster and some cash to another Ingoer. I wouldn't mind having the full size SR9 though.. it was a great gun.

jtull01

Plinker
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    NWI
    SR9C

I bought one too. Great shooter, feels good in my hand, and is easy to CCW. Only problem with mine, is it does not like steel case ammo or certain reloads( not my own).
    Great pistol, good quality, a real bang for the buck. My third Ruger product, and it is a keeper.
    Other calibers in this series look interesting too!
    Enjoy and be safe!
    :ingo:

Spinaltapls1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Avon, IN
    i just bought one 2 weeks ago everything is working great. i shot about 400 WWB through it and 300 Remington. cleaned it shot another 100 WWB and she is doing good. It was shooting a little high few cranks of the screw and she is right on.

IndyYakr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I love my SR9c. Got about 600 rds. through it with no problems. The trigger is phenominal. Can't beat it for the price-and it's American made. Wish ammo was cheaper.

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    Love to to hear the good stories on the SR9c. I will be shooting mine tomorrow and hope to come back with a good story also. Hopefully I will have some pictures also. Jim

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I have had one for about 2 years now I believe and love it. It is my carry gun and I probably have about 1000 rounds through it without a problem. Great choice IMO.

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    I bought the SR9 a little over a year ago for uspsa, steel challenge and daily carry. I have over 7,000 rounds through it so far and am very happy with it. So much that I just purchased an SR9c for daily carry because it conceals easier and shoots and feels identical to the full size SR9.

Only about 200 rounds through it, but so far I'm liking it a lot. With a crossbreed super tuck, it is very comfortable to carry. :yesway:

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    My wife just bought a p95 and I'm looking at getting a 9 myself, I like the way her p95 shoots and feels in my hands, just wondering if the SR9c has anything on the p95. Thanks!

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    My wife just bought a p95 and I'm looking at getting a 9 myself, I like the way her p95 shoots and feels in my hands, just wondering if the SR9c has anything on the p95. Thanks!

i have the sr9c in my stable of carry guns... imo is alot better than the p95...its designed alot better and the trigger is great and the contours of the grip ..well its just a nice feel in my hand especially with the small rubber backstrap
    p95 v. sr9c

i vote sr9c

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    Do you feel that you can shoot the compact as weel as the full size gun? I have heard some people say that you are limiting yourself with the smaller gun. I seem to shoot the smaller guns better than the bigger guns. Some of the comps. that I have been to I do not look at the guy next to me and say Oh crap he has a gun with a 5" barrel. I would say Oh Crap Hickok45 is next to me shooting his compact though!!! A few hours from now I will know how mine works. Jim

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I bought one recently after much research. They have an excellent designed carry system.

Hi points:
    1. Trigger
    2. Felt recoil
    3. Accuracy in a small gun
    4. Three different magazine plates, each giving a different way to carry. I bought another ten round magazine for the plate without extension, so now I have three compromises between concealability and shooting comfort.
    5. Included 17 round magazine with grip extension that shoots like a full size.
    6. Slim grip and profile. Why would anyone buy an LC9?

It's my EDC, replacing my CZ P01, which I love.

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    I love my SR9c. Got about 600 rds. through it with no problems. The trigger is phenominal. Can't beat it for the price-and it's American made. Wish ammo was cheaper.

Cheaper?? I just bought decent 9mm ammo on the interwebz for $9.99/50 rnd box. It don't get much cheaper than that. Got free shipping too and had it in 2 days. 9mm is the way to go now for cheap ammo.

By the way, I LOVE my sr9c - it's the shiznit!

ridetoslide

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    prices

I been thinking of picking one of these up for my daughter. I have the SR9 that she likes alot. What is the going price lately for the SR9C? Don't see many used ones around either!

IndyYakr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Cheaper?? I just bought decent 9mm ammo on the interwebz for $9.99/50 rnd box. It don't get much cheaper than that. Got free shipping too and had it in 2 days. 9mm is the way to go now for cheap ammo.

By the way, I LOVE my sr9c - it's the shiznit!

Wow, that is a great price. Where'd you get it?

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    Went to the Range last night and shot the SR9c last night. I shot 133 rds. through the gun. 90 Winchester white box. 40 Aguilla 117grn. hollow points (these are know for having hard primers) and 3 Corbon 9mm +p 115grn. JHP (carry amo) to make sure they work ok. I had one FTF with the WWB white box about halfway through. The cartridge was actually pushed down in the mag,like I never got the thing pushed in the mag right. So I will blame it on me not loading the mag right. Otherwise it performed flawless. I was not as accurate as I would of hoped. I think because it was hitting so far to the left it was throwing me off a little. I think once I get the sights regulated and get more used to the gun it will prove to be pretty accurate for me. The front sight is pushed to the right too much out of the box.
    9c-sight.jpg

9c-target2.jpg

You can see that the thing shoots left quite a bit. I will figure out how to move the front sight and I will be in business. The .22 holes are from my wifes 22/45 4" barrel. That little thing is accurate and the wife really likes it. Most of the time I was worrying about function over accuracy. I need a gun to hit close to POA before I can bear down and try to be accurate with it. Bigger target was about 10 yrds and last target I tried my best to get a good group even though it was not hitting POA.

9c-target3.jpg

9c-target1.jpg

I disconnected the Magazine disconnect before I went shooting it for the first time. I think that took a pound or 2 off of the trigger. The gun is really tight out of the box. the Slide release would not release the slide. After about 50-60 rounds the slide release loosened up and began to work. Never had a light strike like some have had. The slide always held open after the last shot. Mags drop free without a problem. I think the trigger got better the more I shot. You got to love it when you like a gun alot when you take it out of the box and everything gets better as you break it in.
    I have a few guns that I really wanted to like. I had a Glock G26 that I liked but just couldn't get used to the Grip at all. I also had a S&W 3913 that shot 3-4 inches low, I put an adjustable sight,Hogue grip and alot of time to be able to shoot the thing. Even had a buddy that has shot for 30 years and he couldn't shoot it either so both of the them guins went bye bye. The Ruger is filling the void pretty good that them guns left. I think Ruger has a winner with the SR9c. I would highly recommend this gun and I am sold on it. You know you have the one you want when instead of going to the INGO for sell page you are looking for more mags and holsters for the one you got. Jim

Last edited:
    Top Bottom