• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyYakr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Went to the Range last night and shot the SR9c last night. I shot 133 rds. through the gun. 90 Winchester white box. 40 Aguilla 117grn. hollow points (these are know for having hard primers) and 3 Corbon 9mm +p 155grn. JHP (carry amo) to make sure they work ok. I had one FTF with the WWB white box about halfway through. The cartridge was actually pushed down in the mag,like I never got the thing pushed in the mag right. So I will blame it on me not loading the mag right. Otherwise it performed flawless. I was not as accurate as I would of hoped. I think because it was hitting so far to the left it was throwing me off a little. I think once I get the sights regulated and get more used to the gun it will prove to be pretty accurate for me. The front sight is pushed to the right too much out of the box.
    9c-sight.jpg

9c-target2.jpg

You can see that the thing shoots left quite a bit. I will figure out how to move the front sight and I will be in business. The .22 holes are from my wifes 22/45 4" barrel. That little thing is accurate and the wife really likes it. Most of the time I was worrying about function over accuracy. I need a gun to hit close to POA before I can bear down and try to be accurate with it. Bigger target was about 10 yrds and last target I tried my best to get a good group even though it was not hitting POA.

9c-target3.jpg

9c-target1.jpg

I disconnected the Magazine disconnect before I went shooting it for the first time. I think that took a pound or 2 off of the trigger. The gun is really tight out of the box. the Slide release would not release the slide. After about 50-60 rounds the slide release loosened up and began to work. Never had a light strike like some have had. The slide always held open after the last shot. Mags drop free without a problem. I think the trigger got better the more I shot. You got to love it when you like a gun alot when you take it out of the box and everything gets better as you break it in.
    I have a few guns that I really wanted to like. I had a Glock G26 that I liked but just couldn't get used to the Grip at all. I also had a S&W 3913 that shot 3-4 inches low, I put an adjustable sight,Hogue grip and alot of time to be able to shoot the thing. Even had a buddy that has shot for 30 years and he couldn't shoot it either so both of the them guins went bye bye. The Ruger is filling the void pretty good that them guns left. I think Ruger has a winner with the SR9c. I would highly recommend this gun and I am sold on it. You know you have the one you want when instead of going to the INGO for sell page you are looking for more mags and holsters for the one you got. Jim

You're groupings actually look good. Maybe just a slight sight adjustment and you'll be right on. The gun gets smoother and smoother the more you shoot. I love the gun.

IndyYakr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    What holsters are you guys carrying your SR9c with. My range holster is a Fobus paddle HKN1 which I like. I'm still looking for a good conceal IWB holster. Any suggestions?

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I will be getting a fobus for IDPA, but I just have a cheap holster that is soft leather for IWB that I have had for awhile that work okay. Would like to have a Pancake style leather holster that is OWB that fits tight against your body. Jim

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I found the perfect sight punch in my junk drawer. It was a old Cleat off of a bicycle shoe that is made of Brass and it worked perfect. Front sight is adjusted. Now I just need more amo.;)

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    What holsters are you guys carrying your SR9c with. My range holster is a Fobus paddle HKN1 which I like. I'm still looking for a good conceal IWB holster. Any suggestions?

I personally use a Crossbreed Supertuck for my SR9c and I love it. I'd highly recommend it. It is extremely comfortable and does a great job concealing.

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    9c-sight.jpg

9c-target2.jpg

You can see that the thing shoots left quite a bit. I will figure out how to move the front sight and I will be in business.

Your front sight really doesn't look bad. I would not try to adjust the front fixed sight and just change the rear sight. It is adjustable for both height and windage. I had to do it with mine. :twocents:

IndyYakr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I personally use a Crossbreed Supertuck for my SR9c and I love it. I'd highly recommend it. It is extremely comfortable and does a great job concealing.

I've been considering Crossbreed as well as Kholster Holster. I guess I'll check YouTube for comparison videos. Price will be a factor as well. I'll let you know what I get. Crossbreed customer service pretty good?

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    I've been considering Crossbreed as well as Kholster Holster. I guess I'll check YouTube for comparison videos. Price will be a factor as well. I'll let you know what I get. Crossbreed customer service pretty good?

Go check out Crossbreed Holsters - Second Hand Holsters if price is a consideration. I got mine for $38 plus shipping I think. I don't think you get the same lifetime warranty as new, but for half price I'm happy. Very comfortable.
    picture.php

picture.php

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    There has been alot of question about holsters for the SR9C and SR40c. I was at a buddies house and he has a Sig 250 and had a Fobus Roto paddle holster for it. I said I would love to have one for my SR9c, but they do not make one:(. I said let me check yours out and I tried to put my SR9c in it and it fit perfect. It may of fit better than his Sig. I had a hard time finding one for myself but did just get one. I am going to love this Holster for IDPA :rockwoot:. The Part # is SG250CRP. Jim
    Fobus-1.jpg

fobus-2.jpg

fobus3.jpg

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Really injoy my sr9c. It will fit in a uncle mike's side kick #0 vertical shoulder rig also in my xdm9 factory holster with a little tightning of the tension screw. Oh and yes AMERICAN MADE GUN!

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    I got my wife one for her birthday, and I took it to the range Wednesday, put 90 rounds (white box Remington) through it. Great gun, conceals easy and seems extremely well made. Carried it all day in a simple GunMate holster, no issues. Definitely getting one for myself for EDC, might switch to the .40 though... :draw:

defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    I too enjoy my sr9c, it is the only pistol I carry when I do decide to carry, it shoots well, and trust my families safety on it

I just have one thing to say, I bought it to get an "American Made Gun", and the gun is made here in the USA... BUT the magazines are clearly stamped "Made in Italy" :facepalm: and they are hard to find, and I had to spend roughly $100 (with shipping and finger extensions) to get 2 from Ruger WTF!!!

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Yes, the magazines are made in Italy, but they are very high quality magazines. They are made by Mec-Gar which is very well respected for magazines.

Tac45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    SS
    Very cool, picking up one for my fiance in a week or two...she fell in love with it! Hopefully it proves to be reliable and fun to shoot, since it will be her first handgun :D

cluznar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Ruger SR9c Like it so far!

What's not to like about the SR9c? Feels like a gun in your hand, sturdy and heavy enough but not too heavy and great for a carry weapon.

Have a little over 300 flawless rounds thru mine. The triggers is nice and it's accurate.

More places are making holsters for them now. Try N82Tactical .com they have some in their Pro line for the SR9c and they are nice holsters.

Also most of the time a Glock 19 holster will work for a SR9c also.

:twocents:

Top Bottom