• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    He seems like a really great guy. I'll have to relocate if I want a range like that. It's flatter than a pancake around here. Mine is a big three sided box made out of 4x4s, lined with concrete and filled full of sand. It's about 12 feet across. Took some time to build, but I feel confident I won't be hitting my neighbors.

Well at least you live in an area where you can have one. If I where to try this where I live they'd take me straight to jail. LOL

Actually I have a few pellet guns that I use in my backyard. One's a Air Arms Pro Sport which is a pretty nice Springer Rifle.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Are they the Vaquero or New Vaquero version and which version do you like the best and why if you don't mind me asking?

One Old Model Vaquero 5.5", 45 Colt stainless. 2 New Model 45 Colt Montado, One new Model 44Special, blue, 4 5/8".

The Montado with 3.75" barrels are my favorite. Well balanced and fit my hands well.

The 44 Special has a 4 5/8"" barrel, it is also well balanced and accurate.

Slight preference for the New Models. Shoot lots of medium loads. Heavy loads go in the Black hawks and 454 Cassull BFR.

Don

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    One Old Model Vaquero 5.5", 45 Colt stainless. 2 New Model 45 Colt Montado, One new Model 44Special, blue, 4 5/8".

The Montado with 3.75" barrels are my favorite. Well balanced and fit my hands well.

The 44 Special has a 4 5/8"" barrel, it is also well balanced and accurate.

Slight preference for the New Models. Shoot lots of medium loads. Heavy loads go in the Black hawks and 454 Cassull BFR.

Don

Very nice. So for you why the preference for newer vs older? By the way I haven't even seen an older one but my understanding is that they are bit bigger.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    had 5 Vaqero's 45C and 357/38 but sold them to buy some land.......all where old models.......stouter than the new models.......:(.....but i will have some again...:)....you will really enjoy it.......when you get one DD post pics......:rockwoot:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    had 5 Vaqero's 45C and 357/38 but sold them to buy some land.......all where old models.......stouter than the new models.......:(.....but i will have some again...:)....you will really enjoy it.......when you get one DD post pics......:rockwoot:

It'll be about three weeks but I'll have to remember to post some pics when I get it. I went for the 357/38 in SS. I just got out to the range and fired my Single 10 for the first time today. Had a blast!!

Top Bottom